Grrr, paint peeling off my HD650
Sep 3, 2004 at 9:36 PM Post #46 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Well that was without the DAC1, I was listening to them out of the EMU/Gilmore or the Grace. I though the the Senns were still laid-back and boring without the DAC1. So it only follows that the DT880 would not be dry or boring with the DAC1. I think I can handle a little extra brightness (as evidenced by the E5, it's definitely brighter than the HD650) in exchange for a wider soundstage, and better build quality (IMO). I am happy enough with the E5's that the only other thing I need are open cans for when I don't feel like using them, and I would like to have ones that aren't going to be flaking apart all over me. Unless the DT880 sounds dramatically worse than the HD650 in my system, the HD650 will be going up the river, and the DT880 up the left coast for a good ol' fashioned Headphile cable job.

biggrin.gif
The E5's are great aren't they... Oh oh, does this mean you'll get some custom IEM's in the future?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #49 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Who are you?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MIKE!?!?!?!

biggrin.gif

-Ed

Mike isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel, And he sent me along as a surrogate painter
tongue.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 9:53 PM Post #50 of 95
Quote:

From what I've seen of the 580 Jubilee, it did not have paint on it. It looked like polished bare carbon fiber. Definitely not that same marblized finish of the HD600.

-Ed

You will be proved wrong Ed.......... the HD-580 jubilee was painted........... I have no reason to doubt Sennheiser's technical dept.

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #52 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
You will be proved wrong Ed..........

Proven.

Team Grammar Nazi

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:27 PM Post #53 of 95
And wait... Mr. Metalhead Iron_Dreamer using non-grado-like cans? When did this shift happen? Did I miss a meeting?

Edit: Although, after checking your profile, I DO like my DT880s for prog. rock... perhaps that would explain your change-of-heart.

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:40 PM Post #54 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReDVsion
Team Grammar Nazi

Hmmm.... Godwin's Law at work. But does it work if you call yourself a Nazi?
icon10.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:59 PM Post #56 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
Hmmm.... Godwin's Law at work. But does it work if you call yourself a Nazi?
icon10.gif

HA! Never heard of Godwin's Law before now, had to look that one up. Interesting dilemma, though...
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #57 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReDVsion
And wait... Mr. Metalhead Iron_Dreamer using non-grado-like cans? When did this shift happen? Did I miss a meeting?

Edit: Although, after checking your profile, I DO like my DT880s for prog. rock... perhaps that would explain your change-of-heart.

uh yeah, you've missed quite a bit... He went to the HD600's then to K271's then to CD3000's and DT531's then to HD650, DT770 and just recently added E5's to the mix...
biggrin.gif
(correct me if I missed something in there Pete)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Perhaps in the 5-years from now future, but not any time soon, unless I have some sort of unexpected luck.

Yeah, get some speakers first...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:26 PM Post #58 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
uh yeah, you've missed quite a bit... He went to the HD600's then to K271's then to CD3000's and DT531's then to HD650, DT770 and just recently added E5's to the mix...
biggrin.gif
(correct me if I missed something in there Pete)

WOW... I thought it all started with the CD3Ks... What did he have before the HD600s?

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #59 of 95
He went from HD590's to Grado SR325's to the HD600. In his search for perfection he has gone through serveral different sources, and each source required different cans for correct synergy...
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:49 PM Post #60 of 95
Quote:

Not to worry, Sennheiser is going to offer a new accessory for the HD650's to help keep cool.

HD650_Fans_01.jpg

evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

If that contraption can keep your beer cold too I would like 25 pair.A little sennheiser veil can be mighty pleasent when your thirst is being properly quenched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back