Great prices on AKG phones at Northern Sound & Light!
Oct 3, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #62 of 137
Email received. K701's en route to meeeeee.

I didn't know it'd take that long for them to simply get them in stock. Most people should expect their K701's quite soon. Enjoy them everyone. I know I will.
k701smile9ga.gif

(Can't wait to take a picture of them to replace that God awful paint job i did on poor tigger
frown.gif
)

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #63 of 137
cool.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
cool.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #64 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162
Email received. K701's en route to meeeeee.

I didn't know it'd take that long for them to simply get them in stock. Most people should expect their K701's quite soon. Enjoy them everyone. I know I will.
k701smile9ga.gif

(Can't wait to take a picture of them to replace that God awful paint job i did on poor tigger
frown.gif
)

Awesome! I haven't received word that my k701's were incoming yet. Thanks for letting us know yours shipped. If they ship mine soon, they should arrive right about the time my Headfive shows up (which I'm assuming will be next week sometime).

Anyone else who took advantage of this deal, let us know when you receive yours.

Oct 3, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #65 of 137
just ordered 701s and 181djs

Oct 3, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #66 of 137
Northern says... sometime in October. Guy was kind of cranky but I suppose they have a lot of folks calling and checking on these. There is no way to check on-line according to the customer service person.

Oct 3, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #68 of 137
jjhatfield, we are in the same exact boat my friend. My Headfive should be here any day (let's hope that day is today when I get home form school...).

Oct 3, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #69 of 137
Not exactly related to the K701, but, anywho.

You can call me "soothsayer," but khbaur will be fine
wink.gif
. My Headfive came today. Went out and had my gf buy me a power cable at Ratshack as part of my b-day present. So far, my MDR-V700Dj's don't sound overwhelmingly better. I've only listened to the new setup for about 10 minutes, but the bass sounds exactly how it did before. From all the reviews, I thought the bass would tighten up a bit. Perhaps these cans are just beyond repair in that regard... However, the Time album by ELO that deals with some fast paced sort of techno/80's/disco tunage sounds pretty darn amazing. The treble has definitely gained some definition and clarity and I'm really liking it. Let's hope with some burn in and a pair of K701's we can get some
lambda.gif
's and
basshead.gif
's.

Oct 4, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #70 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162
Not exactly related to the K701, but, anywho.

You can call me "soothsayer," but khbaur will be fine
wink.gif
. My Headfive came today. Went out and had my gf buy me a power cable at Ratshack as part of my b-day present. So far, my MDR-V700Dj's don't sound overwhelmingly better. I've only listened to the new setup for about 10 minutes, but the bass sounds exactly how it did before. From all the reviews, I thought the bass would tighten up a bit. Perhaps these cans are just beyond repair in that regard... However, the Time album by ELO that deals with some fast paced sort of techno/80's/disco tunage sounds pretty darn amazing. The treble has definitely gained some definition and clarity and I'm really liking it. Let's hope with some burn in and a pair of K701's we can get some
lambda.gif
's and
basshead.gif
's.

Hey yeah, my headfive came today to! You can read my brief review in the headfive thread, but basically I am seriously impressed, this through sr60's and iM716's. Everything about the music just sounds better. Since I have no previous experience with amps I don't know what fancy words to use,
3000smile.gif
it's just better!

Still no word from NL&S email wise about my cans shipping.

Oct 4, 2006 at 3:54 PM Post #71 of 137
The 701's shipped today. 3 to 5 working days... I'll get the sock drawer ready!

Oct 4, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #74 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjeff2006
got an email too, shipped today... can't wait, wonder if i order another one now, do i have to wait 2-3 weeks again??
confused.gif

I guess that depends on how many orders they took last month!
tongue.gif
I can't check my personal email at work, hopefully I'll have one when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back