Great prices on AKG phones at Northern Sound & Light!
Sep 25, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #49 of 137
Ack! I took one for the team and ordered up both the K171S and K601 this morning! The K601 was $183.82, a smashing deal, too good to pass up! I thought it was time for me to try something different than the K701 and maybe even downgrade! Seems like everyone and their mother has a K701, I prefer owning a headphone that not too many people have so I have something worthwhile to bring to the meets.
biggrin.gif
And I figure even if I don't keep the K601, at least I can do a public service and review the thing since there's so little info on it here (I do plan to review the K171S eventually too). And I got a swanky NSL t-shirt too, they threw it in for free.

Head-Fi is like a disease you can't shake off, it's like this site turns you into a headphone zombie...

Sep 26, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #50 of 137
An in-depth comparo between the 701 and 601 would definitely be appreciated. We'll see if the extra $60 from NS&L is really worth it.

Sep 26, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #52 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
I'd really appreciate a K601 vs. K701 comparison. I havent found any conclusive opinion on the differences of the two yet.

X2 of course, but in addition, I'd actually like to see the K501 in the mix. That'd be a really interesting (mini) review if some1 had the balls to purchase all three and make one. I'm sure many would be grateful.

Sep 26, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #53 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Seems like everyone and their mother has a K701, I prefer owning a headphone that not too many people have so I have something worthwhile to bring to the meets.
biggrin.gif

This is funny, because since I am new at this, I prefer owning the headphones that everyone else has, because that is my best gauge that I am probably getting a good set of cans.
rs1smile.gif

The K701's will be my first set of cans over 100USD.

"Anything worth doing, is worth doing right, right?" -Dr. Gonzo

Sep 26, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #54 of 137
Get the headphones that every one else has, then mod them to make them your own.
wink.gif

I'm thinking orange K701's would fit the bill nicely.
very_evil_smiley.gif
If I could pull it off, I'd love myself for just about forever and ever.

Sep 28, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #56 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162
X2 of course, but in addition, I'd actually like to see the K501 in the mix. That'd be a really interesting (mini) review if some1 had the balls to purchase all three and make one. I'm sure many would be grateful.

Your wish was my command! See my updated sig, three-way review coming up! (Time estimate unknown.)

Man my wallet is screaming bloody murder...this will probably be the last hit I'm taking for the team.
redface.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #57 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Your wish was my command! See my updated sig, three-way review coming up! (Time estimate unknown.)

Man my wallet is screaming bloody murder...this will probably be the last hit I'm taking for the team.
redface.gif

ASR,

Where did you find the 501s?...Were they new? Price?

TIA guy!

Sep 29, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #60 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen
ASR,

Where did you find the 501s?...Were they new? Price?

TIA guy!

I jumped on a deal in the FS forums. Condition I can't personally speak for yet obviously, but the seller indicated it's in like-new condition. The price was $120, shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back