GRADO STATEMENT GS2000e - Review and First Impressions
Jun 13, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #61 of 191
I was one of the people at the meet that tried the gs200e. I felt this was clearly a better and more refined experince from the gs1000 particularly in the treble area, I would say less sharp but not rolled off anymore or less than the gs1000 was. I really wish I chould comment more but I spent about 15 to 20 mins with them in meet conditions, but the treble region was what stood out for me. Additionally I do like the new headband color option.

Jun 16, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #62 of 191
I purchased a pair of these from 4ourears.net and should have them soon. I've been looking to purchase a pair of full size Grado's for awhile but I couldn't decide between the GS1K and PS1K without having auditioned them. But being a big fan of the GH1 and hearing about the similarities to the GS2K this might be the headphone I've been looking for. I look forward to comparing them with my other Grado's (see sig) soon, and a big thanks to ESL-1 for his early impressions.

Jun 16, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #63 of 191
  I purchased a pair of these from 4ourears.net and should have them soon. I've been looking to purchase a pair of full size Grado's for awhile but I couldn't decide between the GS1K and PS1K without having auditioned them. But being a big fan of the GH1 and hearing about the similarities to the GS2K this might be the headphone I've been looking for. I look forward to comparing them with my other Grado's (see sig) soon, and a big thanks to ESL-1 for his early impressions.

Congratulations on the GS2Ke!
popcorn.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #64 of 191

You're very welcome, glad the responses have been so good especially the feedback I got at the recent NY meet where every listener liked them very much. I did get quite a few visitors at the table.

Sorry that Joseph69 was not able to make it to the meet. I am anxiously awaiting impressions from everyone who has a pair on the way. Remember, 100 hours is where they really start to show their stuff.

:wink:

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #66 of 191
Nice review! I prefered the GS1k much more than the PS1k, now with the GS2000e it seems I've got a new thing to look forward to for my next trip abroad. 

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the review. I don't want to be presumptuous but if you like the GS1000 I think you will love the GS2000e. Hope you get a chance soon to audition a pair.

:)

Jun 22, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #67 of 191
I'm so hoping the GS2K will be at Canjam London in August to listen to so I can compare to my GS1k's as I really like the idea of these having the option of running balanced for first time without modding and wonder how these would sound with the forthcoming iFi Pro iCAN with my Chord Hugo?...

Dreaming of a white Christmas or Head-fi gear!

Jun 22, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #69 of 191
I have the grado gh1 and   enjoy them  very much. I was interested to know how they compare to the GS2000e.

The GS2000e is probably more closely related sonically to the GH1 than any other Grado, both being models that differ somewhat from the basic Grado sound signature. I also very much like my GH1, very natural and refined. The GS2000e ups the ante significantly. It is faster, more dynamic with better micro details and the soundstage is both wider and deeper, lots of air. After getting the review pair back to showcase at the recent NY Head Fi meet I once again have them at home. They continue to improve and sound better with the additional play time (well over 100 hours at this point). It is definitely a new Grado sound direction and it impresses with just how real it sounds. Most definitely deserves an audition if anyone is contemplating an upgrade, hopefully it will have some real playtime when you find one to listen to, out of box while good is not indicative of what lies ahead.

Jun 22, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #70 of 191
I missed the NYC meet???!!!! DARN!!!

I would have loved to try out these headphones!!!!

I hope there is another NYC Meet with these headphones real soon!!!!

Jun 22, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #71 of 191
I have not heard the GH1 but I can say that I think that this new direction Grado has gone in is pleasantly surprising. It is one that is not artificially airy in exploiting it's soundstage nor does it become sibilant in arriving at this sound either. I too have found that the more time music gets to pass through its drivers that the more realistic/natural sounding the GS2Ke sounds. It is a very very transperent headphone too! I can readily hear the various sound signatures from my amps, dacs, and its quite fun actually. This transparency also lends to scaling up well as you choose to upgrade your system components. I absolutely feel that the really efficient GS2Ke does benefit from being fed from a high quality amplifier. In my opinion it's not about loudness, as the GS2Ke is a low level detail retriever like no other, rather its about absolute driver membrane control resulting in ultimate finesse/resolution portrayal . I truly feel that this is Grado's unnamed Flagship headphone. This is due to that fact that it is more comfortable due to being lighter and uses a different approach in controlling/exlploiting driver resonance through the well known marriage of Maple & Mahogany wood species rather than dampening said driver resonances with mainly aluminum. Don't get me wrong I am taking nothing from the PS1Ke (especially since I have only heard the PS1K) I am rather stating that if one were to choose the PS1Ke over the GS2Ke, I feel that it would be a lateral move not an upgrade regardless of price.

Jun 23, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #72 of 191
I have not heard the GH1 but I can say that I think that this new direction Grado has gone in is pleasantly surprising. It is one that is not artificially airy in exploiting it's soundstage nor does it become sibilant in arriving at this sound either. I too have found that the more time music gets to pass through its drivers that the more realistic/natural sounding the GS2Ke sounds. It is a very very transperent headphone too! I can readily hear the various sound signatures from my amps, dacs, and its quite fun actually. This transparency also lends to scaling up well as you choose to upgrade your system components. I absolutely feel that the really efficient GS2Ke does benefit from being fed from a high quality amplifier. In my opinion it's not about loudness, as the GS2Ke is a low level detail retriever like no other, rather its about absolute driver membrane control resulting in ultimate finesse/resolution portrayal . I truly feel that this is Grado's unnamed Flagship headphone. This is due to that fact that it is more comfortable due to being lighter and uses a different approach in controlling/exlploiting driver resonance through the well known marriage of Maple & Mahogany wood species rather than dampening said driver resonances with mainly aluminum. Don't get me wrong I am taking nothing from the PS1Ke (especially since I have only heard the PS1K) I am rather stating that if one were to choose the PS1Ke over the GS2Ke, I feel that it would be a lateral move not an upgrade regardless of price.

Absolutely agreed! I could not have said it better myself.
beerchug.gif

To prepare for the GS2ke, I knew I had a lot of loose ends that needed tying up in the listening chain. I switched to the LISST solid state tubes for the Lyr 2. I bought a powerline conditioner for the Lyr. The differences of your average surge protector versus an audio grade conditioner became audible the moment I plugged it in. The bass became cleaner, clearer, less bloated. The music sounded more airy with better all around instrument separation. The overall sound signature wasn't as thick as it used to be nor too light either. Not since plugging my HPs directly into my DAC, have I been able to get the full sound profile of the iFi. I feel like the Lyr now drives my headphones to their fullest single ended potential. The resolution and the transient power is on a whole other level. There is a finesse to the music that is effortless on all of my HPs.

The GS2ke arrived after I made all those changes and it's been largely the only HP I listen to other than an HD800 which is on a whole different setup in my house. It's partly why I'm hesitant to post a real first impression. I'm also still under 20 hours.

Jun 24, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #73 of 191
Excellent, I have been anxiously waiting for impressions from first purchasers of this wonderful headphone. Please keep us posted as you get more time logged in. I have the review pair back in my possession and they continue to improve with use (listening to them right now and staying up later than I should because of it).

Congratulations to both of you. :wink:

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #74 of 191
I received mine about a week ago now and have been listening to them exclusively and haven't had a chance to compare them directly with any of my other headphones yet but will this weekend. I would say I'm around the 15 hour mark with these and I have to say I'm really impressed, they remind me of my GH1 but with a larger soundstage and the transparency of my RS2e. But I will compare more directly later I just wanted to post some initial impressions about these and that if they sound this good with only 15 hours I can't wait for how they will sound in a 100. Also I need to add that I'm very impressed with the build quality on these, they are a joy to hold.

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #75 of 191
  I received mine about a week ago now and have been listening to them exclusively and haven't had a chance to compare them directly with any of my other headphones yet but will this weekend. I would say I'm around the 15 hour mark with these and I have to say I'm really impressed, they remind me of my GH1 but with a larger soundstage and the transparency of my RS2e. But I will compare more directly later I just wanted to post some initial impressions about these and that if they sound this good with only 15 hours I can't wait for how they will sound in a 100. Also I need to add that I'm very impressed with the build quality on these, they are a joy to hold.

Congratulations on the GS2Ke!
Cant wait to hear your impressions…enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back