GRADO STATEMENT GS2000e - Review and First Impressions
Jun 2, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #47 of 191
Great review ESL-1! I'm a big Grado fan and have been thoroughly enjoying my 325e and PS500e's. My plan was to save my pennies and one day get my hands on a pair of PS1000e's, but then these came along. The biggest part of the problem is that I don't want either one or the other, I want both! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there certainly is room for both, they are different approaches, hey just takes a few piggy banks plus...

Hopefully they will be at the N.Y. Head - Fi meet in June.

Will check if Grado will have a pair there or I can see if I can borrow back the set I reviewed and then bring along my PS1000e.

:)

Jun 3, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #49 of 191
I am finally getting a grasp for the GS2ke sound....:musical_score::musical_keyboard:

Jun 3, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #52 of 191
:p
BTW, what amp or amps are you using with them?

I have been using the CypherLabs Picollo (CLP) primarily because of its warmer signature. The CLP pulls out the sub-Bass and sweetens the treble even further still. I also have the Schiit Asgard 2, Chord Mojo, Centrance HiFiM8 XLR4 (w/iem Mod), and am awaiting the Cavalli Audio LC 2.0 ( I sold my LC 1.0). I find that the GS2ke sounds too thin out of my iPhone 6+ and definitely benefits from amping. I am due to recieve my Balanced GS2ke this coming Wed. Too bad I have to wait for the LC a lot longer still.

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #53 of 191
John Grado reached out to me this weekend and informed that due to situations out of his control he will not be able to attend next Saturday's (6/11) Head Fi Meet in Babylon, Long Island, N.Y. He was very much looking forward to it.

He has asked me to bring his demo GS2000e (same one I had used for this review) so that anyone able to attend can give them a listen. Fortunately since these are not just out of the box they do have a decent amount of break in time on them. I plan to forgo my usual eclectic mix of gear on my table and keep it to just showcasing this latest quality offering from Grado.

I hope some of you following this thread are within striking range of the meet, Tom always does a great job of organizing this annual event. There will loads of great equipment to see and ear and a good turnout of vendors also. The Not So Silent Auction is also great fun and there are some great bargains available.

Hoping to meet some new fellow headphone addicts as happens each year.

:)

Jun 7, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #56 of 191
  Some photos of the balanced version:

As I understand it, you can get either 1/4 inch or the 4 pin XLR as a standard configuration.  Included in the standard configuration is the single ended extension cord.  No balance extension cord is currently available.  The 1/4 in adapter is the $170 upgrade.

Jun 7, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #57 of 191

As I understand it, you can get either 1/4 inch or the 4 pin XLR as a standard configuration.  Included in the standard configuration is the single ended extension cord.  No balance extension cord is currently available.  The 1/4 in adapter is the $170 upgrade.

In a nutshell yes, though Grado is charging $170 for the folks that want a balanced cable installed on their other HPs. They have yet to sell this 4-pin XLR to 1/4 adapter separately. Mine came with the extension cord for single end. It's funny thinking about the length of using both the adapter and the extension.
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #58 of 191
In a nutshell yes, though Grado is charging $170 for the folks that want a balanced cable installed on their other HPs. They have yet to sell this 4-pin XLR to 1/4 adapter separately. Mine came with the extension cord for single end. It's funny thinking about the length of using both the adapter and the extension. :D  

Thanks for posting the photos. :cool:

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #59 of 191
In case you did not see these on the NY Meet Thread.

Simple table I had at Saturday's show. Got lots of visitors, many of whom listened at some length, not just a couple of tracks. Feedback was 100% positive on performance and many commented on how light and comfortable they were. I was busy the whole day but squeezed in a few circuits to catch some other goodies including Mr Speakers not yet released electrostatics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back