GRADO STATEMENT GS2000e - Review and First Impressions
May 24, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #31 of 191
Ive wanted to save money for the GS1000e but this new headphone complicates things! Ive never heard the 1000 or 2000 but ive spent tons of time with my 225 and RS2e to know that i love the Grado sound. To sum up i pretty much love everything about the RS2e, but would like to experience the models known more for soundstage and imaging.

For what its worth i also love my lcd2's for their detail and imaging, and value thei very different sonic signature.

Anyway, so im wondering which headphone would be a better fit for me, without hearing them :) i listen to a lot of prog rock and some metal (and pop related music sometimes) and hardly and jazz, classical or hip hop.

May 25, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #32 of 191
From your descriptions I think you would be most happy breaking open the piggy bank and going for the GS200e, major performance step up in my opinion. Good luck and enjoy...

May 25, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #33 of 191
I don't have the GS2000, but based on long experience with the GS and PS series, I like the PS1000e a lot with progressive rock (ELP, Genesis, Renn., etc.); the magic midrange, vocals, and more forgiving treble and upper mids I hear in this headphone 
makes this music dreamy and resolute and atmospheric and "big hall" sounding. Synthesizers and electronic keyboards also have a nice glow with the PS.
[ RIP Keith :frowning2:  ]

May 25, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #34 of 191
You guys are killing me!
And I just received an e-mail from Grado advertising the GS2Ke!
I'm holding off on calling TTC loaner program because if they do have the GS2Ke to borrow  already, I don't want to be the first to borrow them because they won't be burned-in…so I'll wait a while before trying them.

May 26, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #35 of 191
  You guys are killing me!
And I just received an e-mail from Grado advertising the GS2Ke!
I'm holding off on calling TTC loaner program because if they do have the GS2Ke to borrow  already, I don't want to be the first to borrow them because they won't be burned-in…so I'll wait a while before trying them.

Joseph, I received that same email from Grado and my "ears pricked up" immediately. Loving the Grado sound I thought now we have a new listening standard to add to my sound system. It's still going to take one hell of an HP for me to part with almost $1,500. When I'm listening to a new pair of HP's I"m always searching for that "oh ****" moment. When it comes to Grados the best that I've heard were the PS1000's. Damn near every hp sounds fantastic when powered by a high end amp and dac combo, but when I plugged a pair of PS1K's into my humble iPhone I heard everything clearly with the best separation and soundstage at a listenable volume. 

May 26, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #36 of 191
  Joseph, I received that same email from Grado and my "ears pricked up" immediately. Loving the Grado sound I thought now we have a new listening standard to add to my sound system. It's still going to take one hell of an HP for me to part with almost $1,500. When I'm listening to a new pair of HP's I"m always searching for that "oh ****" moment. When it comes to Grados the best that I've heard were the PS1000's. Damn near every hp sounds fantastic when powered by a high end amp and dac combo, but when I plugged a pair of PS1K's into my humble iPhone I heard everything clearly with the best separation and soundstage at a listenable volume. 

Ha, their after everybody!
It is hard not to want to hear them, but I eventually will give them a try, for sure.

I listened to my PS1K quickly out of my MBP the other night, and yes, they sounded great straight out of it…I was pretty impressed to say the least.
beerchug.gif

May 27, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #37 of 191
  Ha, their after everybody!
It is hard not to want to hear them, but I eventually will give them a try, for sure.

I listened to my PS1K quickly out of my MBP the other night, and yes, they sounded great straight out of it…I was pretty impressed to say the least.
beerchug.gif

I patiently await your unbiased opinion on the GS2000e's Joseph. I can't believe that an audiophile such as yourself would dane to listen to a pair of PS1K's straight from a MacBook Pro. 
beyersmile.png

May 27, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #38 of 191
  I patiently await your unbiased opinion on the GS2000e's Joseph. I can't believe that an audiophile such as yourself would dane to listen to a pair of PS1K's straight from a MacBook Pro. 
beyersmile.png

Why, thank you LOL! I'll be sure to give my impressions once I borrow them from TCC loaner program. I have to say I was pretty impressed with the sound of the PS1K right from the MBP.

May 28, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #39 of 191
  Why, thank you LOL! I'll be sure to give my impressions once I borrow them from TCC loaner program. I have to say I was pretty impressed with the sound of the PS1K right from the MBP

As mentioned earlier I am very anxious to hear impressions from early purchasers and like you Joseph someone who is able to get a loaner to try for a while.  The more the merrier and I would surprised if there is anything posted but positives.

May 28, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #40 of 191
  As mentioned earlier I am very anxious to hear impressions from early purchasers and like you Joseph someone who is able to get a loaner to try for a while.  The more the merrier and I would surprised if there is anything posted but positives.

For sure…as soon as I know TCC has loaned them out and their sufficiently burned-in I'm going to try them and give my thoughts/impressions. Hopefully I don't just go ahead and purchase them before that!

May 30, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #41 of 191
Great review ESL. I'm currently using Grado RS-1i's as my reference HP's. I'm very interested in giving the GS-2000e HP's a listen. 

I too own the RS1is which act as my Grado House sound reference cans. I use the AKG K702 65th Annies as my all around reference open cans and the Alpha Dogs w/DUM cable as my closed HP reference cans. I must admit it has been a month of sensory overload being that I have recieved the Campfire Audio Andromeda iems and the GS2ke within 2 weeks of each other. I happened to have liked the GS2ke so much that I have ordered the balanced version this past fri and will return the SE version when it arrives. I will try to post my impressions in the next couple days. It must be said that the GS2ke has a truly reference level soundstage presentation with a even handed tonality that favors the bright side while keeping sibilance at bay. This has been the Grado sound I have been waiting for. I will try posting impressions using my iPhone 6+ By itself up to my various Desktop system configurations.

May 30, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #42 of 191

May 30, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #43 of 191
I too own the RS1is which act as my Grado House sound reference cans. I use the AKG K702 65th Annies as my all around reference open cans and the Alpha Dogs w/DUM cable as my closed HP reference cans. I must admit it has been a month of sensory overload being that I have recieved the Campfire Audio Andromeda iems and the GS2ke within 2 weeks of each other. I happened to have liked the GS2ke so much that I have ordered the balanced version this past fri and will return the SE version when it arrives. I will try to post my impressions in the next couple days. It must be said that the GS2ke has a truly reference level soundstage presentation with a even handed tonality that favors the bright side while keeping sibilance at bay. This has been the Grado sound I have been waiting for. I will try posting impressions using my iPhone 6+ By itself up to my various Desktop system configurations.

popcorn.gif

May 31, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #44 of 191
Great review ESL-1! I'm a big Grado fan and have been thoroughly enjoying my 325e and PS500e's. My plan was to save my pennies and one day get my hands on a pair of PS1000e's, but then these came along. The biggest part of the problem is that I don't want either one or the other, I want both! 

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #45 of 191
I sense these headphones may be next on my list. Big Grado fan here. I would love to know how they compare to the PS1000e and the GS1000i & e.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back