Grado sr325si VS Senn HD 600
Apr 2, 2011 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KwyjiboVenneri

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone Im looking into the buy the Grado sr325si and the senn HD 600 but cant decide which ones to get, i listen to rock and jazz and classical, so i dont know which one to get, i want a really natural and accurate sound, i also know that the grado are the best headphones for rock....any help?

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 5
It depends on what you listen for and what your hearing is like. The HD600's are a little "slower" sounding than the Grados, but they have a darker sound and are less fatiguing than the 325i's, which are a tad brighter than the average Grado. The 325i's are unique, and I think you would like them for jazz. The increased brightness would help bring you closer to the instrumentalists.

They're both great headphones and I don't think you'd be disappointed with either. The 600's are cheaper...another thing to consider.

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 5
May just have to buy both?

Welcome to the HeadFi wallet drain machine!
beyersmile.png

Apr 3, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 5
325i=EarDrills IMO HD600*cant comment on the 650*=Ear muscle relaxants, 

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #5 of 5
The 600's are probably going to more versatile with different types of music and more easy on the ear, more natural sounding.

The Grado's will be more exciting for rock though.

I'ts a tough call, I use both my Senns and Grado's for the same 3 types of music. If you are more rock than classical/jazz then go for the Grados. If more classical/jazz got for the Senn's. You will not be dissapointed, and you can always do the foam mod to make the 600's more exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back