Grado PS500s (new Grado's)
Sep 9, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #46 of 1,221
Quote:
Oh God, I told myself that I wouldn't buy another pair of dynamics - that it was time to move onto the orthos or electrostats, like a big boy. Add to that the fact it will probably be a billionty-eleven pounds in the UK, and I know I shouldn't. But the Grado child in me is jumping up and down on his bed with excitement, screaming the words 'guitar solo' over and over again.

Stay strong Arleus, stay strong.

Go on...order from Moon Audio, they ship to the UK.

Actually they can't .

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #48 of 1,221
Quote:
If the GS500 become available, I'm getting it as well...hehe

Good timing Nick since you've been selling some of your other headphones.

I must admit it looks pretty good in the picture and price is ok too, however it is disappointing to see how similar it looks to HF-2, it even has the wooden cups to hold the drivers. Another thing that I don't like is the plastic gimbals they used, they should have at least used the same metal gimbals like in the RS1 and MS-Pro to make it a bit more classy.

Anyway what am I talking about such a Grado sucker I am, I might still end up buying one myself LOL.

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #49 of 1,221
Crap! I'm weakening! Why are we are such suckers for Grado?!

It's audio crack, that's why!

(PS. That Haterade pic made me LOL this morning. I saved it to my Mac lol)

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #50 of 1,221
I'm looking forwards to comparisons of this and the HF2 when these start shipping or at meets.

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #51 of 1,221
i'm sure like current grados, the PS500 will have terrible build quality and average sound and, most importantly, offer nothing new or different over recent models.

if you want a grado, buy a used RS1 (older version). other than the HP1 and PS1, there is nothing better.

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #52 of 1,221
Quote:
i'm sure like current grados, the PS500 will have terrible build quality and average sound and, most importantly, offer nothing new or different over recent models.

if you want a grado, buy a used RS1 (older version). other than the HP1 and PS1, there is nothing better.

2 of the 3 headphones you mentioned are extremely hard to find, not to mention ridiculously expensive. If the PS500 can provide 80% of the performance of the PS1, then it's great news for PS1 fans who can't afford one.

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #53 of 1,221
Quote:
Quote:

I must admit it looks pretty good in the picture and price is ok too, however it is disappointing to see how similar it looks to HF-2, it even has the wooden cups to hold the drivers. Another thing that I don't like is the plastic gimbals they used, they should have at least used the same metal gimbals like in the RS1 and MS-Pro to make it a bit more classy.

Anyway what am I talking about such a Grado sucker I am, I might still end up buying one myself LOL.

Go on...you know you want to....
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #54 of 1,221

Quote:
Quote:

I agree.  Getting into a $600 grado... it would be nice to see metal gimbals.  It also seems a little out of character for a grado coming from the "Professional" line.  I wonder what box it'll ship in
rolleyes.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #56 of 1,221
I need another Grado like I need another hole in my head. But I'll bite. ;-p

Sep 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #58 of 1,221
New Grado!

5400sib.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #59 of 1,221

Quote:
Moon Audio just emailed and said they can't ship overseas....
triportsad.gif
triportsad.gif
triportsad.gif

You never know, Audiophile might do you a good deal.

http://www.audiophile.com.au/

Plus, being the sole dealer in Oz if something goes wrong. Perth to Melbourne for exchange or repair is a lot closer than New York city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back