GRADO PS1 received. holy cow!!!
Sep 23, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #46 of 107
oh wow oh wow oh wow oh wow

I am SO in love with all my music under these things!

Just played the elvis costello and allen toussaint current release on my vinyl rig (all tubes), and lets just say it didn't suck at all. not even a little.

the bass seemed a tad much (the recording is meant to be bass heavy, so w/ps1's with flats it should be a bit intense, yes?), but not bad by any measure. still, just for fun I swapped pads to the bowls and VOILA, perfection (of one flavour). I wish I had a pair of gs1000's to listen to the same song, because this lp sounded wonderful under those last week . have a feeling we're talking two versions of paradise.

Sep 23, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #47 of 107
Times I hear all this love are times I WISH I liked Grado cans more. I keep thinking about buying RS1s, then remembering I didn't like any other Grados I've heard enough to buy them (post Head-fi discovery). Then I read threads like this, and I think, 'Well, maybe...'

Sep 23, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #48 of 107
“I have a funny suspicion that members like Mitch (Braillediver) and RobN, the Ps-1s represent their headphone which is perfect for them”.

I do like them.

Too much bass or bass that was recorded just not heard before? I can follow the bass player now on some recordings that didn’t appear before. They were more of a “member of the band” where now they’re individuals, band members, the guy in the back over there.

Flat pads too. With the Berning micro-ZOTL.

There’s mids now that I don’t recall from the HP4 with the PS-1’s. That’s why I’m curious about the HP4 again.

Deep Purple Made in Japan #4 “The Mule” drum solo. That put some grins on my face. Space Truckin’ will be great.

Mitch

Sep 23, 2006 at 10:43 AM Post #49 of 107
if people want a new Grado PS1
write http://www.active-audio.de/ a mail (or at www.phonophono.de)

if they dont have one, the HP is outsold and you must hope for a second hand one

I love these Phones, i close my eyes, hear music with them and it brigs me a deep smile into my face
I hear alot of Metal and these Cans are probably one of the best it not the best cans for metal out there.

I think for me these are the best Headphones ever made.
(my Corda Aria drives them pretty well, but soon i try the Corda Opera
biggrin.gif
)

Greetings from Germany

MasterLoki

Sep 23, 2006 at 12:30 PM Post #50 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
Times I hear all this love are times I WISH I liked Grado cans more. I keep thinking about buying RS1s, then remembering I didn't like any other Grados I've heard enough to buy them (post Head-fi discovery). Then I read threads like this, and I think, 'Well, maybe...'

have you heard the gs1000's in a great rig?

Sep 23, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #52 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by analog'd

I am SO in love with all my music under these things!

Just played the elvis costello and allen toussaint current release on my vinyl rig (all tubes), and lets just say it didn't suck at all. not even a little.

the bass seemed a tad much (the recording is meant to be bass heavy, so w/ps1's with flats it should be a bit intense, yes?), but not bad by any measure. still, just for fun I swapped pads to the bowls and VOILA, perfection (of one flavour). I wish I had a pair of gs1000's to listen to the same song, because this lp sounded wonderful under those last week . have a feeling we're talking two versions of paradise.

Hey this is headfi. No gushing allowed.
mad.gif
You need to be cold and calculated when you describe the sound
rolleyes.gif
(kidding of course)

I felt the same way about your "two different versions of paradise" comment. When iamdone and I compared the GS-1000 (stock cable), RS-1, and PS-1, I felt the GS-1000 and PS-1 were on the same level (giving GS-1000 points for larger soundstage and timbre, and PS-1 for refinement and sound quality). The RS-1 was just a notch below in my opinion, but is a very good value.

Anyway, enjoy, we seem to gravitate towards the same preference:

GS-1000, K-1000, and PS-1 (for you)/HP-2 (for me).

k1000smile.gif
gs1000.gif
eggosmile.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #53 of 107
Really ?

i emailed them and received a reply after 1 day at phonophono
and at active-audio after 2 to 3 days
active audio said to me i should email Hifi-Circle but the owner said to me the PS1 where outsold ---> then i emailed to phonophono and i got fast 1 day reply and he said the ps1 is outsold too then i send a mail back about the head-fi thread here where a switzerland member got one
again fast reply this time the phonophono owner, he apologized to me because a trainee replyd to me and he said i still can get me one for 1500€, big big price for a Headphone and i must admit that i cogitated a few days but then i pulled the trigger and i got my PS1 ---> AND I DONT REGRET IT
evil_smiley.gif

he said also i that my PS1 was one of the last ones
maybe now the headphone is outsold, i dont know...

MasterLoki

Sep 23, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #54 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterLoki
Really ?

i emailed them and received a reply after 1 day at phonophono
and at active-audio after 2 to 3 days
active audio said to me i should email Hifi-Circle but the owner said to me the PS1 where outsold ---> then i emailed to phonophono and i got fast 1 day reply and he said the ps1 is outsold too then i send a mail back about the head-fi thread here where a switzerland member got one
again fast reply this time the phonophono owner, he apologized to me because a trainee replyd to me and he said i still can get me one for 1500€, big big price for a Headphone and i must admit that i cogitated a few days but then i pulled the trigger and i got my PS1 ---> AND I DONT REGRET IT
evil_smiley.gif

he said also i that my PS1 was one of the last ones
maybe now the headphone is outsold, i dont know...

MasterLoki

What serial number have you got?

Sep 23, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #56 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterLoki

aren't there supposed to be 250 out there? in which case yours is "NOS" so to speak, if you can call it that based on such a small production number!

Sep 23, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #58 of 107
ahhhh forgot to mention it

received also a email (at that time where i bought my PS1) from active audio
they told me a special tool for producing the PS1 where broken and they cannot replace it

looks like it all comes together phonophono told me i got one of the last ones and active audio said that the PS1 would not produced anymore...

edit: what means ''NOS'' ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back