GRADO PS1 received. holy cow!!!
Sep 22, 2006 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107

analog'd

1000+ Head-Fier
only have a sec to post now but good grief! these are exactly what I was hoping they would be. killer thru hr2 from a naim cd5/highcap. killer from my berning ba150 tube pwr amp from a vpi aires/benz micro ruby 2h/pass labs xono/marantz model 7 preamp.w/teles.

rs1 to the 20th power plus some! damn.
eek.gif
cool.gif

Sep 22, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by analog'd
only have a sec to post now but good grief! these are exactly what I was hoping they would be. killer thru hr2 from a naim cd5/highcap. killer from my berning ba150 tube pwr amp from a vpi aires/benz micro ruby 2h/pass labs xono/marantz model 7 preamp.w/teles.

rs1 to the 20th power plus some! damn.
eek.gif
cool.gif

If what you say is true, then..... I hate you... I really do because now you make me want to try/buy them.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 22, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #5 of 107
It's a PS1 Renaissance around here lately!

Sep 22, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #6 of 107
They are indeed the ultimate expression of John Grado's bad-assness.
redface.gif

Sep 22, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #8 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
They are indeed the ultimate expression of John Grado's bad-assness.
redface.gif

He actually wears chainmail around Grado Labs. And carries a katana. Seriously.

Sep 22, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #9 of 107
Congrats Analog! Enjoy the liquidness of it all, especially on vocals. They are awesome cans.

Sep 22, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #10 of 107
Ahhh, posts like these always have me wondering
smily_headphones1.gif
I was staring at one of the very last pairs available at TTVJ's site in my shopping cart just before their production run ended, but never pulled the trigger...

And yes I *do* regret that. However, reading about what an aural beast these cans can be and how much bass they deliver maybe it is a good thing I never got them, as nowadays I am looking for 'softer' cans as a result of my tinnitus.

Enjoy those badboys though, and please, do yourself a favor and resist the temptation to pound them into oblivion. Your ears will thank you in the long run!
rs1smile.gif

Sep 22, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #12 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
He actually wears chainmail around Grado Labs. And carries a katana. Seriously.

Mercuttio,

You need to spend some "quality" time with the PS-1 and an amplifier powerful enough as to not stifle its true power.

After following this collaborative notion, a stark revelation will suddenly occur to you. It will transcend the hazy fog of cynicism/skepticism that has clouded your mind and reveal itself unto you as cold hard fact; a fact that will leave you thunderstruck and your heart filled with regret; a crystal clear realization that you have pissed away the majority of your life listening to the wrong headphones!
eek.gif

Sep 22, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #13 of 107
PS-1's are a really fun phone. In many ways they are the best Grado. The liquid smoothness and the perfect highs (no phone does it better for these years, that doesn't mean they have the most air...jsut that the highs are the most enjoyable for me) that well...I can fully enjoy them day in and day out.

At the moment, the Melos is my prefered amp, though the HP4 with Tungsols does really really well. Not sure if I will bother tracking down the "perfect" amp for them, as I enjoy these amps so much already.

As for too much bass, with the right amplification, this is simply not the case. Well controled solid powerful bass.

Sep 22, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #14 of 107
edit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back