Grado PS-1000 initial impressions
Jul 17, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #48 of 318
This thread is getting interesting. Great impressions so far.

Jul 17, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #49 of 318
Pic to spice up this thread for the love of my PS1000.

DSC00961.jpg

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #53 of 318
Quick peek to PS-1000.

Tried PS-1000 fresh out of the box with Solo. It sounds very very detail, big noticeable bass, but not overtaking the vocal, clear smooth full bodied vocal, no problem with sibilance (or no sibilance), smooth extended high, slightly colored, but I don't care much about transparency anyway. Somehow I feel it's slightly on the warm side, not to the extreme of HD650, maybe it's the Solo bring a touch warmer to the phone.

Way much nicer than GS1K IMO.

Only the weight of the cup push my head too hard. Maybe its my head shape problem.

But somehow, . .. I still fall in love to the even more colored RS-1 midrange, oh no, something wrong with me ... RS-1 is just fun ...

Jul 22, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #55 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by ical /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very neutral and transparent with speed. I can hear all the micro detail that I've never heard before. It bring my PS1000 to the next level.

Good to know the Phonitor, I am liking the PS1000 more and more. I liked them out of the box, but to me, this is one of those things that you can hear actual improvement from burn in. I didn't notice it as much on so much other stuff.

I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm on these headphones until more new owners sound off, but for my ears, right now at this point in time, the PS1000s are the real deal. I do have the JH13s on order, and there are many in that thread that prefer those to their full size cans including the HD800 so it will be interesting to see if those can become my preference too.

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #56 of 318
The raw out of the box PS1k's sounded as if they were PS325's.
smily_headphones1.gif
However this has improved when I brought them home for critical listening. Already at that point, they were a real deal.
wink.gif
I hope to grab the HD800's today afternoon.

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #57 of 318
You shouldn't, imo, just let it go man, clear up your chest

I only wish they were cheaper, maybe one day and used and from U.S. again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kclone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm on these headphones until more new owners sound off, but for my ears, right now at this point in time, the PS1000s are the real deal. I do have the JH13s on order, and there are many in that thread that prefer those to their full size cans including the HD800 so it will be interesting to see if those can become my preference too.

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #58 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only wish they were cheaper, maybe one day and used and from U.S. again...

Me too, and pray for not discontnuing the PS1k's ever soon 'cos they'll rise to $10k price level second hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back