Grado PS-1000 initial impressions
Jul 11, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #16 of 318
The finish on the metal does mark (oxidise?) but can be polished to return it to new.It's shinier than the PS-1 finish (which IMO is better and doesn't mark)

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #20 of 318
Thanks guys for these reviews. I know how it could be time consuming to post such a detailed review not in your native language.

I have a question: would you consider the PS-1000 great (if not one the best) headphone for rock material?

Jul 12, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #21 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you very much for your impressions. You definitely write a language I can understand. It actually seems that the PS1000 have some qualities of the PS1, mixed with the GS1000 airiness.

That's what I was thinking

Jul 12, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #22 of 318
I can't wait to actually hear them. I am contemplating a purchase, although it would make more sense for me to switch gears and go into better speakers.

Are these shipping regularly?

Jul 12, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #23 of 318
Thanks for the review piotr ryka
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, you have a great source in the Cary 306 SACD Pro. I love mine.

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #24 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The finish on the metal does mark (oxidise?) but can be polished to return it to new.It's shinier than the PS-1 finish (which IMO is better and doesn't mark)

The outermost layer of the driver house seems to be paint finish rather than anodized alumunimum treatment, i think it is too hard to subject to further polish to resume its smart appearence.

It is a surprise to discover that John have put the paint coat to this can. this layer is not as tough and protective as that of HP1000 and PS1.

Jul 12, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #25 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf18t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys for these reviews. I know how it could be time consuming to post such a detailed review not in your native language.

I have a question: would you consider the PS-1000 great (if not one the best) headphone for rock material?

Yes, if you like the SR325i for rock, these you'd like even more. No, if you want to bob your head to the rhythm. For this purpose specifically you should buy the Grado RS2.
rs1smile.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #26 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr Ryka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not flat and not neutral. Only not enough good to say - this are the best headphones ever.

Well, they sure don't seem like the best headphones in the world to me. I'm looking for a natural and flat sound(will not be annoying over the time, and good recordings will come to a whole new level.)

Coloration is the work of the devil. It might sound good in the beginning, because the coloration brings some elements and details forward. But after a while, you will know that it sounds wrong.

Like those audiophiles that spends 100000$ on their system and haven´t spent a $ on the acoustics... It might sound great with that coloration on CDs with a low amount of information, or bring the dynamics forward. But the soundstage and details are compromised due bringing other things in front.

I was thinking of getting the PS1000, but it seems like Alessandro MS PRO is a better headphone for me. Even tho PS1000 are "the best headphones ever".
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #30 of 318
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, if you like the SR325i for rock, these you'd like even more. No, if you want to bob your head to the rhythm. For this purpose specifically you should buy the Grado RS2.
rs1smile.gif

Never heard the SR-325i, but might be close to RS-1 which I like. I just want more bass depth and larger soundstage while keeping the RS-1's mids intimacy and that magic electric guitar twang.

PS-1000 might be the ticket for me...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back