Grado PS-1 for 2121 euro on ebay.de
Feb 21, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #5 of 25
Too much (well then again - mint). But someone tell me if they see a HP1/2 for sale - even if going for "too much."

Feb 21, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 25
Yeah. pcf brought over his HP1 to my table at the Bay Area meet. I'm all freaked out now and fear that I may do something stupid to get my own pair. I've seen them before, but never really examined them closely. It's such a shame how current production Grados look compared to these.

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #8 of 25
The price of HP1000/HP1 or HP2 should be around 1200-1500$ and could go much
higher for the modded one.
While the price of PS1 may be around 3000$ or more.
The price can go much higher because the number of PS1 produced is only 250 units even
less than the Orpheus HE90 (318 units)
Even the vintage RS1 (wooden box , brown or black headband) may be as high as 1000+$
for the semivintage or classical RS1( pizza box with button)is around 550$

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #10 of 25

Quote:
The price of HP1000/HP1 or HP2 should be around 1200-1500$ and could go much
higher for the modded one.
While the price of PS1 may be around 3000$ or more.
The price can go much higher because the number of PS1 produced is only 250 units even
less than the Orpheus HE90 (318 units)
Even the vintage RS1 (wooden box , brown or black headband) may be as high as 1000+$
for the semivintage or classical RS1( pizza box with button)is around 550$

Two thumbs up for the pinpoint accurate information!

The Joe Grado upgrade costs $2000 alone (not including the price of the headphones).

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #11 of 25
Not much time... I don't think Joe is getting any younger.

Paul - good to see you it made it safely in London!

Feb 22, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #12 of 25

Quote:
Not much time... I don't think Joe is getting any younger.

Paul - good to see you it made it safely in London!

Thanks mate! when I left Cupertino the wheather was very London like anyway so there was a very smooth change over. :)
Joe is 88 years old now and I wish him all the best.

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #14 of 25
I do have the PS1 now and have been listening to them with bowls. So far I like them more than any other John Grado phones.
The first thing that I noticed was how much more bass they have compared to RS1. The second thing was the mid- very retailed and rich. Overall very enjoyable sound. They remind me of the first generation black 325 (or maybe HF2) but better. They are still John Grado's headphones- meaning that they are made for music listening and enjoyment more than monitoring.
I have a pair of HP1 and two pairs of HP2. They have all been modded by Joe so I don't have any stock HP1000 to compare anymore.
Maybe my opinion will change after I spend more time with the PS1, but at the moment I feel the upgraded HP1000 (with flats) are better than the PS1 (with bowls)on everything. Then again I think the modded HP1000 are better than any other headphones I own so don't take my word for it.
wink.gif

I think it is almost unfair to do comparions like that bear in mind that HP1000 were never meant to be used by the likes of us to listen to music at home. They were made for studio monitoring.

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #15 of 25
Thanks for the info : Dear Pcf
I just have the PS1 arrived but have no time to appreciate the PS1 yet.  At first I was thinking whether should I send the PS1 to
Larry@headphile for modification or not, but I was afraid that the  bass may be too much so I decided to wait until I have time to try it
and see whether the PS1 need to be modded or not.  This one I bought from Italy.
I have recently purchased one HP1000/HP2 and sent that one to be modified with Larry and hope to get that one back soon .  I sent
the HP2 to Larry at that time because it would be much difficult for me to send to Larry again and I purchased this one from Montreal,
Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back