Grado Modders Go Turbulent X
Dec 7, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #16 of 67
So... which arrived first?
The Nhoords got here the day after the original post. The Turbulents came today. Rhydon didn't ship the V8's until Monday so they won't be here until next week some time, I'm guessing.

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #17 of 67
The Nhoords got here the day after the original post. The Turbulents came today. Rhydon didn't ship the V8's until Monday so they won't be here until next week some time, I'm guessing.

My Nhoords arrived at lunchtime today and are about 9 hrs burned in so far! My Turbulent X are on their way and should be here in about 4-5 days.
I think they’ll be living in a set of Rhydon’s c7 3d printed cups if all goes to plan.

Dec 9, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #19 of 67
Post burn in..... I’d forgotten how good the Nhoords/generic G/Mojo scale and open up the soundstage! (It’s been 3 weeks) since I destroyed one!
Wrong thread, sorry!

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #21 of 67
That is one amp/dac I haven't tried yet... the Chord Mojo. Need to.

Without a doubt, for its footprint it packs a amazing punch! :wink:
Beg, borrow, steal, do whatever it takes to get to hear one with the Nhoords :)

Turbulent X - en route between Singapore and UK !

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #22 of 67

How are the Turbulent X drivers coming along, any early impressions yet?
Mine are somewhere between Singapore and the UK, have been since last Wednesday :frowning2:

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #23 of 67
How are the Turbulent X drivers coming along, any early impressions yet?
Mine are somewhere between Singapore and the UK, have been since last Wednesday :frowning2:
Waiting on some Maple cups from a new source for this particular build. Probably won't get around to them until sometime after the holidays. The fact that they just came loose in bubble wrap all the way from the other side of the world did give me a bit pause, though. Used to the nice, secure boxes from Nhoord, Symphones and Elleven.

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #24 of 67
Chatting to @jinteddy7 earlier today and he was saying that they gave Rhydon a free reign to do what he wanted with the X driver and tune it how he felt was right.

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #25 of 67
Waiting on some Maple cups from a new source for this particular build. Probably won't get around to them until sometime after the holidays. The fact that they just came loose in bubble wrap all the way from the other side of the world did give me a bit pause, though. Used to the nice, secure boxes from Nhoord, Symphones and Elleven.

Apparently my c7 3d cups shipped out today:)
If that’s not to my liking they may be residing in my Angsana cups.
Although I am thinking of commissioning @fleasbaby to do me a pair of his stunning looking Gmelia burl GS1000 clones in the new year, when funds allow.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #26 of 67
Sad to say that my Turbulent X drivers haven’t moved, or shown any sign of moving, they’ve been in limbo between Singapore and the UK for a week now!

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #27 of 67
Sad to say that my Turbulent X drivers haven’t moved, or shown any sign of moving, they’ve been in limbo between Singapore and the UK for a week now!
I could almost bet my left kidney that your drivers are definitely not in Singapore nor in between but rather have been sitting (and for some time) awaiting clearance customs in the UK. The tracking computer will not scan until they go through this initial screening at which point it will then burp out some silly preset messages and times that are most likely total fabrications for this league of the journey.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #28 of 67
BBD441C8-170F-4B30-B197-368BED8C4AD6.jpeg B1717073-2A12-4A9E-9FE8-2887AF2C8A31.jpeg E4090668-2086-464A-A5C7-C8A491646BB1.jpeg
Turbulent X drivers just turned up! :)

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #29 of 67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back