Grado GS-1000i vs. Audez'e LCD-2? Or something else entirely?
Dec 6, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:
For your requirements I can wholeheartedly recommend the RS1... well, except for classical music. With any other genre, it's one of the most engaging and fun headphones out there. For $1000, you should be able to get a used one and a nice tube amp. You can still get the LCD-2 or another phone later as an addition.

If you should decide to get an RS1 I'd recommend to look into a "vintage" one as they sound slightly softer and warmer than the newer RS1i. There's absolutely no harsh treble on my (rather old) RS1.

See, the RS1 is nice, but I don't think it really compares to the GS-1000 or the T1.

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #17 of 25
If that's your stand, you may be better off getting T1.
T1 is slightly more forgiving than GS-1000.
Crappy recordings sound very crappy under GS-1000, but crappy yet listenable under T1...

Quote:
Quote:
For your requirements I can wholeheartedly recommend the RS1... well, except for classical music. With any other genre, it's one of the most engaging and fun headphones out there. For $1000, you should be able to get a used one and a nice tube amp. You can still get the LCD-2 or another phone later as an addition.

If you should decide to get an RS1 I'd recommend to look into a "vintage" one as they sound slightly softer and warmer than the newer RS1i. There's absolutely no harsh treble on my (rather old) RS1.

See, the RS1 is nice, but I don't think it really compares to the GS-1000 or the T1.

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #18 of 25

Quote:
Both GS-1000 and T1 are more leaning to neutrality and accuracy....
Under my current setup (fit for GS-1000), I can say T1 is on par with GS-1000 while HD800 is underwhelmed..
Under some other setup which claims to fit T1 or HD800 better, I still prefer T1 over HD800.  (those setups won't fit GS-1000)
I just cannot justify the cost of rebuilding the whole system.

Quote:
Can anyone compare the GS-1000s to the beyerdynamic Tesla T1? Again, I'm not looking for neutrality or accuracy so much as a fun, romantic listening experience.

Sorry, but I would not classify the GS1000 as balanced/neutral. I find it "U" shaped and not flat; especially when compared to the T1s. It's bass is classic Grado (and by that also not very deep with a rather large mid-bass hump). The treble is too forward and it comes off rather bright to my ears. I think the graph pretty much sums up how I hear it.

I would classify the T1s as slightly on the warm side of neutral and the GS1000s as Grado coloured headphones that don't sound like Grados. Not to say that's bad, it's just that they are different from the traditional Grado sound signature.

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #19 of 25

Quote:
Quote:

I don't think you can compare RS1i and GS1000i easily, they're just simply different sound signature.

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #21 of 25
D7000 is definitely a fun can, fun for pop music and the like. Depending on your current listening standards, you may find the mids and treble rather recessed compared to the bass. Some say the new sony Z1000 is essentially the upgrade to D7000, but i wouldn't be sure of that unless my set comes soon and i get a hear myself.

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #23 of 25
OK, let me throw a wrench into the mix.......what about the quality of both squeezed thru a DAC and Tube AMP?  Is that a game changer or all things equal? And if I buy both cans do I need separate electronics for each?     And if thast not bad enough, what about source? ACC, MP3, direct from CD 
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 22, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #25 of 25
I give the GS1000i the nod over the LCD2, of course, looking at my sig, that's not surprising, also, not sure if it matters to you, but the LCD2 are pretty heavy, especially compared to the feather light GS1000i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back