Grado e Series
Jul 17, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #6,481 of 6,729

ha..i always seems to read that only one amp from schiit is good with grado (Lyr 2 i think..)

im considering to buy amp for home use with my Grado sr225e and FiiO x3ii as my source..my 1st choice is fiio E11k, but perhaps it will be better with Magni 2?

does anyone else can comment on Magni 2 amp with Grado?!

I would definitely recommend the E11k with the Grado e Series.  The Bass Boost is subtle and works really well (Q1's as well).  When I had the X3ii, I continued to use the E11k and Q1 with my SR80e and SR325e for the Bass Boost alone.  I have the Vali 2 with my SR325e and love the pairing as well.  Changes the flavor every so slightly.  Have not used the Magni 2. 

Jul 18, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #6,485 of 6,729
  I would definitely recommend the E11k with the Grado e Series.  The Bass Boost is subtle and works really well (Q1's as well).  When I had the X3ii, I continued to use the E11k and Q1 with my SR80e and SR325e for the Bass Boost alone.  I have the Vali 2 with my SR325e and love the pairing as well.  Changes the flavor every so slightly.  Have not used the Magni 2. 

thanks everyone for the replies..what i would like to know whats these amps bring to the sound quality, perhaps more clarity or smoother trebles?!

im not that interested in bass boost, how does it sound without bass boost?!

again..thanks everyone for your quick replies
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #6,486 of 6,729

thanks everyone for the replies..what i would like to know whats these amps bring to the sound quality, perhaps more clarity or smoother trebles?!

im not that interested in bass boost, how does it sound without bass boost?!

again..thanks everyone for your quick replies
smily_headphones1.gif

For the E11k I would have it set to Low Gain and never past 4 - 4.5/10 with my SR80e's.  Worked very well.  The Magni most likely will give you a bit more Headroom if portability is not a concern.

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #6,488 of 6,729
Just received my brand new SR60e

I noticed that drivers are not red. I thought all e series drivers are red ??

Others have mentioned on various Grado threads that the official word from Grado (and Alessandro) is that the red markings were temporary during the transition period and that "e" drivers are now silver.

Did you buy it from Grado directly? Or at least an authorized Grado dealer?

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #6,489 of 6,729
Others have mentioned on various Grado threads that the official word from Grado (and Alessandro) is that the red markings were temporary during the transition period and that "e" drivers are now silver.

Did you buy it from Grado directly? Or at least an authorized Grado dealer?

I got it from Newegg. I also bought 325e from the same place last week, and they have red driver

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #6,494 of 6,729
  Is PS500e an upgrade over 325e ??

Well ... well ... sound experience is different in every person.  I would suggest to try them first.  I have read here many, many times that PS500e are the "dark" side of Grados.  If you are in love with the bright side probably PS500e are not for you.  So, be sure to order it with the choice to return them.  My .02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back