Grado e Series
Feb 18, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #6,121 of 6,729
I am enjoying them.  I did try some different tubes, not sure what type they are but they seemed a little cleaner.  I like them for what they are though.  They're a fun, enjoyable headphone that I can use without demanding the best equipment.  

I don't have my HD800 anymore but I did use them with the Valhalla 2 and they match up very well with it, especially for the price. The RS2e isn't "bad" with it, it just sounds cleaner out of the Macbook Pro for me.   In a lot of way's it's like a more mature 225.

Mostly scaling back my listening setup for casual enjoyment, than super critical listening.  I'm considering selling the Yggdrasil and getting a Bifrost Multibit instead.  And might try the Asgard 2 or Lyr 2, to see if that pairs better or not.  Trying to focus more on enjoying the music, without spending a small fortune.

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #6,122 of 6,729
  I am enjoying them.  I did try some different tubes, not sure what type they are but they seemed a little cleaner.  I like them for what they are though.  They're a fun, enjoyable headphone that I can use without demanding the best equipment.  

I don't have my HD800 anymore but I did use them with the Valhalla 2 and they match up very well with it, especially for the price. The RS2e isn't "bad" with it, it just sounds cleaner out of the Macbook Pro for me.   In a lot of way's it's like a more mature 225.

Mostly scaling back my listening setup for casual enjoyment, than super critical listening.  I'm considering selling the Yggdrasil and getting a Bifrost Multibit instead.  And might try the Asgard 2 or Lyr 2, to see if that pairs better or not.  Trying to focus more on enjoying the music, without spending a small fortune.

Might I suggest the WA6?
I love the WA6 with my Grados! 
smile.gif

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #6,123 of 6,729

My 325e and PS500e sound great paired with my Asgard (fed by an optical Modi).

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #6,124 of 6,729
Feb 24, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #6,125 of 6,729
  Recently I've seen a lot of SR80e sold with blue-ish boxes rather than the typical light orange-ish boxes that come with e-series. Did Grado change their boxes again?

All I can tell you is that I've bought my SR80e a few weeks after they came out, and they came in a light blue box.
confused.gif

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #6,126 of 6,729
  Recently I've seen a lot of SR80e sold with blue-ish boxes rather than the typical light orange-ish boxes that come with e-series. Did Grado change their boxes again?

All I can tell you is that I've bought my SR80e a few weeks after they came out, and they came in a light blue box.
confused.gif

The 325e's I bought about a month ago also came in a light blue box.

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #6,127 of 6,729
confused.gif

The 325e's I bought about a month ago also came in a light blue box.

Maybe Grado uses different colored boxes in the factory to identify whats going overseas?

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #6,128 of 6,729
Well my 1 or 2-year-old 325e still came in the green-ish box, and I'm definitely overseas. Perhaps the change is recent.

I did like the Grado fanpage on facebook but it seems after the network changed their news feed sorting the Grado posts never appear anymore.

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #6,130 of 6,729
  No, Grado switched to a light blue box for quite sometime. The blue box is less elongated than the original orange box design. I think it saves cost and also perhaps easier to store and ship more quantities.

Ok!, so the first boxes were orange, then green, then they switched to blue, so where does the red one fits into all this?
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 27, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #6,132 of 6,729
  Didn't know they have red boxes? But I know some of their sr-i came in white boxes... Probably, the colors mark something in their production process, like maybe year so and so equals to this color?

I was kidding, there are no red boxes...I think.
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #6,135 of 6,729
  Don't start saying things like that, Kay and John will have to start collecting one of each headphone in each color of box.

That's why I said I was kidding, I wouldn't want him to waist time, and delay the grand opening!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back