Grado e Series
Mar 1, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #6,137 of 6,729
Mar 1, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #6,139 of 6,729
Mar 1, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #6,142 of 6,729
  Has anyone tried these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/major-upgrade-to-Grado-Headphones-Rs1-GS1000-Rs2-PS500-/281947986259?hash=item41a568d953:g:tvMAAOSwezVWxcS7

Claim to use the "e" driver and that they are better than the PS1000....argghhhh- still curious though

This is without a doubt, THE best ''half arssed'' product that I've ever seen. ''best'' because the craftmanship looks great, and half arssed, because of the dumb description, wich is also pretentious. 

I would never spend one dime on these. In fact, if the law allows it, I hope that Grado will sue these people. They even have the nerve to say, ''much better than the PS1000'', Oh!, well in that case, take my money and please hurry up and process my order, so that I can experience these for myself.

Even though I came down pretty hard on these, I can understand how some of of you might like to hear how they sound, and I respect that.

Mar 1, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #6,143 of 6,729
  It would make the headband assembly of the RS1e useful.  If they sound better than the RS1e then I'd sell those drivers cheap to somebody.

If you're already ok with selling the RS1e drivers, Magnum would be a safer bet right now than those ebay listing.

And perhaps you can order some cheap cup to put the RS1e into to see if they still suck... Sorry for the harsh words but I was 100% disappointed in the RS1e.

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #6,144 of 6,729
  If you're already ok with selling the RS1e drivers, Magnum would be a safer bet right now than those ebay listing.

And perhaps you can order some cheap cup to put the RS1e into to see if they still suck... Sorry for the harsh words but I was 100% disappointed in the RS1e.

There has been a change in the RS1e though. I wondered if you knew, or if when you tried the RS1e it was the older adaption of it. @Amictus has a thread which is growing slowly and has some favourable opinions of later RS1e iterations.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/794247/grado-rs1e-matters-and-impressions

Mar 2, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #6,145 of 6,729

There has been a change in the RS1e though. I wondered if you knew, or if when you tried the RS1e it was the older adaption of it. @Amictus has a thread which is growing slowly and has some favourable opinions of later RS1e iterations.

Yes I'm aware of the new development and I've not tried the newer one. It's just that I was very curious about the RS1e when it got released then got hugely disappointed. The fact that I had to buy the RS1i at a higher price than it should be at that time didn't help either. Anyway I did enjoy my RS1i hugely and didn't lose any money when I sold it.

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #6,146 of 6,729
Mar 2, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #6,148 of 6,729
  Yes I'm aware of the new development and I've not tried the newer one. It's just that I was very curious about the RS1e when it got released then got hugely disappointed. The fact that I had to buy the RS1i at a higher price than it should be at that time didn't help either. Anyway I did enjoy my RS1i hugely and didn't lose any money when I sold it.

Ahw, it's a shame you sold your RS1i.

Mar 2, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #6,149 of 6,729

As I've said before, RS1e owners should start a thread dedicated mainly to serial numbers, and drivers positions...flush mounted, or port....prot....drivers that are sticking out.

As of now, finding these informations through the general discussions 's threads, is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. 

If I already know that RS1e number 10 500's drivers are flush mounted, and the pair that I'm interested in buying is number 10 501, I'll know that they are the new version.

This is how I'd go about it,

Bought  at: Head-Fi, (private sale)

Date: March 2nd 2016

S/N: 10 500

Drivers: Stick out 3/16''

Comments:: Red drivers....very pale earcups....twisted cable at the Y junction...you get the idea.

So there, that's my little suggestion, do with it as you please.

Mar 2, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #6,150 of 6,729
  Would love to see a reissue of the orignal RS1

As popular as the RS1i are, I still think that Grado got it right the first time, with the RS1.

Ask me how grateful I am to John, for giving me the chance to buy a pair of flawless, classic RS1, that were brand new, in the box.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back