Grado e Series
Apr 12, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #4,486 of 6,729
  My iGrado got torn to pieces by my 6-month-old dog last month... Except for the drivers (and their housing). So perhaps I'm gonna mod it into something else.

Or perhaps I can buy the eGrado. Still have not gotten over the fact that I bought the SR40...

Buying vintage stuff just because it's vintage is a bad idea. You should only buy things that are good.

Apr 12, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #4,489 of 6,729
I just entered into the Grado world with my 325e. What is a good case for them?

http://www.4ourears.net/hard_shell_headphone_case_p/4e-casebk.htm

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #4,494 of 6,729
  Just reterminated my GS1Ke with a 4pin Neutrik XLR.  Best $4 I ever spent on audio.  They are so dynamic and about as perfect a headphone for me as I've ever heard.

Which amp are you using them with? Sounds very intriguing.

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #4,495 of 6,729
I have a Bryston BHA-1 and an Aurorasound HEADA (Solid state also).  They sound great through either though the Bryston almost has too much horsepower with not much range on the volume pot.

I've not made single ended adaptor yet so I can't go back and compare the balanced with singel ended performance.   I will try to  compare to my LCD2 balanced. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #4,496 of 6,729
Hey guys...so I did something I've never done with any other  headphone...I plugged the RS2e into my Meier Jazz and let it run for literally ten days straight. I don't take a hard position on the concept of break-in, but in this case the low end really seems to have benefitted. It was something that was already impressing me before the break-in, but it's even more present now. I've spent the last couple hours listening and I'm now ready to declare these my favorite Grado to date, finally knocking the PS-500s off their mantle. 

I really love these little beauties. 

That is all. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #4,497 of 6,729
Hey guys...so I did something I've never done with any other  headphone...I plugged the RS2e into my Meier Jazz and let it run for literally ten days straight. I don't take a hard position on the concept of break-in, but in this case the low end really seems to have benefitted. It was something that was already impressing me before the break-in, but it's even more present now. I've spent the last couple hours listening and I'm now ready to declare these my favorite Grado to date, finally knocking the PS-500s off their mantle. 

That is all. 

hi Focker, which one will benefit me more on SQ in your opinion... getting a meier Jazz even though i already have a magni 2 uber to pair with my sr325e, or getting a rs2e?
Both all in all will cost the same, and i'm playing around the idea of getting one of the two (provided that i can sell some of my gears).

sidenote : i'm wholly satisfied with the 325e with flat pads now though so getting the rs2e is just more of a good thing at this point. And i'm interested in the meier jazz for their crossfeed selling point, but Sound-improvement wise, will it be a significant improvements than listening from magni 2 uber though....?

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #4,498 of 6,729

That is all. 

WOW ! that's saying something !

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #4,499 of 6,729

That is all. 

hi Focker, which one will benefit me more on SQ in your opinion... getting a meier Jazz even though i already have a magni 2 uber to pair with my sr325e, or getting a rs2e?
Both all in all will cost the same, and i'm playing around the idea of getting one of the two (provided that i can sell some of my gears).

sidenote : i'm wholly satisfied with the 325e with flat pads now though so getting the rs2e is just more of a good thing at this point. And i'm interested in the meier jazz for their crossfeed selling point, but Sound-improvement wise, will it be a significant improvements than listening from magni 2 uber though....?

I generally will always attribute greater gains to the headphones vs the gear, but I've only heard the 325i, not the "e"...and it seems like a lot of people on here really love the "e" version...and I've also not heard the Magni....so I probably can't be of much help, unfortunately. 

Love that you're considering the Jazz, though! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back