Grado e Series
Jan 19, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #3,076 of 6,729

Yeah I thought that the first pair of RS1e were broken so I went to another store to try another pair but same results unfortunately.

It saddens me to say that but the RS1e are boring and lifeless.

But thank god, the sound quality of my new PS500e is really out of this world.  Imagine the clarity of the HD800 mixed with the tonality of the Stax 007 MK2 and the musicality of the old revisions of the RS1 and you get the PS500e.

I will go as far as saying that the PS500e are the best Grado headphones that I have ever heard.  (And I have owned all the revisions of the RS1 apart from the new RS1e.)

Oh man I wish you hadn't said all that...I can feel my wallet crawling out of my back pocket as I type this...oh no...

Jan 19, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #3,077 of 6,729

Oh man I wish you hadn't said all that...I can feel my wallet crawling out of my back pocket as I type this...oh no...

I had the chance to listen to the PS500 in Madison a few months ago and was impressed.  I thought surely the higher up in the line I go the better they must be.  I scheduled a meeting at another (closer) store to listen to most of the new e-series line, up to the GS-1000e.  Nothing wowed me. The only model they didn't have was the new PS-500e.

Now I am wondering if there is some special sauce in the P-500 and the "e" might be the perfect fit!!??!!

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #3,080 of 6,729

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #3,081 of 6,729

Yeah I thought that the first pair of RS1e were broken so I went to another store to try another pair but same results unfortunately.

It saddens me to say that but the RS1e are boring and lifeless.

But thank god, the sound quality of my new PS500e is really out of this world.  Imagine the clarity of the HD800 mixed with the tonality of the Stax 007 MK2 and the musicality of the old revisions of the RS1 and you get the PS500e.

I will go as far as saying that the PS500e are the best Grado headphones that I have ever heard.  (And I have owned all the revisions of the RS1 apart from the new RS1e.)

How do  the PS500e compare with the RS1i?
(I have the 1i, would it make sense to have both the 500e and the 1i?)

Thanks,

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #3,082 of 6,729
I swear I wouldn't be able to take a decent pictrue, if my life depended on it.

Anyway, the first pictrue shows my PS1000's G-Cush on top, and the PS1000e's on the bottom. The 2nd pic, shows the e's earpad, and the 3rd shows my own PS1000's earpad.

I realise that the pictrues are bad, but I'd still like to know if you guys see a difference in the e vs the old earpads, so please, humour me!.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #3,083 of 6,729

Thanks,
It makes perfect sense. One is aggressive and energetic, the other is warm and tube-like.

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #3,084 of 6,729
  I had the chance to listen to the PS500 in Madison a few months ago and was impressed.  I thought surely the higher up in the line I go the better they must be.  I scheduled a meeting at another (closer) store to listen to most of the new e-series line, up to the GS-1000e.  Nothing wowed me. The only model they didn't have was the new PS-500e.

Now I am wondering if there is some special sauce in the P-500 and the "e" might be the perfect fit!!??!!

The gs1000e and ps1000e are very good unfortunately they are have somewhat laidback sound that unable to fully unleash the Grado's signature mid.  Grado's mid tends to be more prominent if they are upfront and forward (ironically isn't that is the reason we love grado ?
bigsmile_face.gif
).

The ps500e is ps500 with improved clarity and  efficiency resulting in better dynamic and louder sound. Rs2e is not bad either and only if rs1e sound like it, rs1e will not have problem gaining wide acceptance. Some say that rs1e with brown headband sound better due to driver repositioning so I waiting for that one to feedback.

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #3,085 of 6,729
  The gs1000e and ps1000e are very good unfortunately they are have somewhat laidback sound that unable to fully unleash the Grado's signature mid.  Grado's mid tends to be more prominent if they are upfront and forward (ironically isn't that is the reason we love grado ?
bigsmile_face.gif
).

The ps500e is ps500 with improved clarity and  efficiency resulting in better dynamic and louder sound. Rs2e is not bad either and only if rs1e sound like it, rs1e will not have problem gaining wide acceptance. Some say that rs1e with brown headband sound better due to driver repositioning so I waiting for that one to feedback.

I find the mid-range on my PS-1000 to sound beautiful…although it is not as forward as other Grado models, yes, but a different flavor indeed. 
smile.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #3,090 of 6,729

Thanks,

I think it may depend on what types of music you like. Personally i found the rs1i to be excellent for rock, vocal and acoustic type music but was rather poor with other types of music. The PS500e maybe not quite as good for those particular genres but it sounds very good with pretty much anything i throw at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back