Grado e Series
Aug 9, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #1,353 of 6,729
Own the 225i, done this, 100% disagree. Taping the bowls gets rid of much of the airiness. Punching the felt improves the bass and doesn't get rid of the air. But neither mod puts it close to the RS1i IMO. Doing both mods at once gets you a surprising amount of slam though.

Here's an experiment: put the G-cushions on the 225i and get destroyed by the excessive treble. Then put them on the RS1i. It won't be as bad. (I heard the RS2i sounds surprisingly good with G-cushions because it's darker but I haven't tried it myself)
hmmm my frist grado is rs2i and love it..but want my next to be a little less bright but you say its a dark grado..lol if thats possible. ..

Aug 9, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #1,354 of 6,729
  So maybe just stick with getting the 225 and a new amp as opposed to the rs1?

Not necessarily.   One way to look at Grado is that they are various flavors of awesome.  Add the potential for mods like puttintg tape around the bowls or changing pads, and it's virtually endless.

It would be a mistake to change a buying decision based on one or even ten posts.  Just because I found the RS1i a ridiculous waste of money does not mean that you would. In fact, going the 225 route could be a mistake.

In general, I suggest getting the best Grado you can afford.  They are all very easy to drive.  Trust yourself, and enjoy the process.  And check in this thread and the Grado fan club every day, make some friends, and have FUN!  And keep posting...

Aug 9, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #1,355 of 6,729
  Not necessarily.   One way to look at Grado is that they are various flavors of awesome.  Add the potential for mods like puttintg tape around the bowls or changing pads, and it's virtually endless.

It would be a mistake to change a buying decision based on one or even ten posts.  Just because I found the RS1i a ridiculous waste of money does not mean that you would. In fact, going the 225 route could be a mistake.

In general, I suggest getting the best Grado you can afford.  They are all very easy to drive.  Trust yourself, and enjoy the process.  And check in this thread and the Grado fan club every day, make some friends, and have FUN!  And keep posting...

good advice for anyone at any level in this crazy hobby

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #1,358 of 6,729
Theres a grado hp2 for sale ive never heard of it only 500 made something like that...$500 hmm I dont no????

If you found a genuine HP2 for 500 bucks then it's a steal... they sell anywhere from 2500-3500usd on head-fi.

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #1,361 of 6,729
If you found a genuine HP2 for 500 bucks then it's a steal... they sell anywhere from 2500-3500usd on head-fi.

Maybe he meant HF2. Actually, HP1k doesn't sell at those prices: the same ones just get bumped over and over so it looks that way. The price ranges wildly (1-3k) depending on how crappy the lettering.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #1,363 of 6,729
Maybe he meant HF2. Actually, HP1k doesn't sell at those prices: the same ones just get bumped over and over so it looks that way. The price ranges wildly (1-3k) depending on how crappy the lettering.

Right, HF2 makes more sense. Actually the HP2i should sell for about that much now considering the "upgrades" for it were charged for over 1k usd.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #1,364 of 6,729
I got it wrong hf 2 balanced cable ..but still says only 500 made...

OK....that is a different story  
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back