Grado e Series
Aug 9, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #1,367 of 6,729
Yea, I don't think there is a bad Grado  
smile.gif

I think the PS500, emerged from the HF headphones

Aug 9, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #1,368 of 6,729
Is the hf2 good tho . .????

Personally, all my experience with Grados (except my Magnum v4, if you count those) comes from a meet, but the HF-2 was the only Grado I heard that I didn't like-- at all. It just sounded wrong to my ears in ways I can't even describe, with the tonality, soundstage, everything just sounding way off. I even tried them again later and got the same impression. Nobody else at the meet who heard them felt the same way, so it's probably just some odd one-off situation with me in particular, but I didn't care for them at all. The GS1000 (non-i), however, was stupid good. Still think about picking up a GS1k, GS1Ki, or GS1Ke basically every day as a result of having heard those suckers. 

YMMV, &c. 

Aug 9, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #1,369 of 6,729
The GS1000 (non-i), however, was stupid good. Still think about picking up a GS1k, GS1Ki, or GS1Ke basically every day as a result of having heard those suckers. 

YMMV, &c. 

They do have that effect, don't they.

In the meantime, the he—560's are making all of my other headphones sound like crap...

Aug 9, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #1,370 of 6,729

The GS1000 (non-i), however, was stupid good. Still think about picking up a GS1k, GS1Ki, or GS1Ke basically every day as a result of having heard those suckers. 

YMMV, &c. 

In the meantime, the he—560's are making all of my other headphones sound like crap...

I have these on my radar as a compliment to the HD800.....have you posted your impressions in the 560 thread ?

Do you have the grills on or off ?

Aug 9, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,372 of 6,729
I have these on my radar as a compliment to the HD800.....have you posted your impressions in the 560 thread ?

Do you have the grills on or off ?

I just got them on the tour today, so no impressions yet. I won't be taking the grills off, since they aren't mine.

But I can say I'm tempted to buy them. Now.

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #1,373 of 6,729

Man, do they ever... I fawn over the memory of listening to them like a long lost girlfriend or something. Just an incredibly fun, engaging sound. 

I'm finally going to get to listen to them at the Nashville meet in September. Based on most of what I've read, I don't expect them to be better than my HE-6... But man, it would be pretty awesome if they were :wink:

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #1,376 of 6,729
You won't be experiencing Grado's true craftsmanship until the RS series. 
If you are into Grado, start with Rs2. You will be hearing an increasingly better
sonic reproduction as you go up the line. 

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,377 of 6,729
If you are into Grado, start with Rs2. You will be hearing an increasingly better

rolleyes.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #1,378 of 6,729

Although I've never hear the 225's which many love, I do own the 325is's, and they are an awesome headphone for $295.00, along with the 80i's…just my opinion that you are experiencing Grados craftsmanship/sound signature with these models also, just not the wooden cups… besides they all have thier own unique sounds. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #1,379 of 6,729
I feel ignorant :/

I took a break from the Head-Fi community for a while and not only has a new Grado revision been announced, but also RELEASED. I won't have some money for a while, but I have the irreconcilable urge to go out and buy some SR80e's just to test the difference.

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #1,380 of 6,729
Yea, I don't think there is a bad Grado  :smile:

I think the PS500, emerged from the HF headphones

Looks just like the HF2... Anything different driver-wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back