Grado e Series
Feb 5, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #6,616 of 6,729
  I would never say goodbye to my 325is, or I would have already after purchasing my other Grados. I said goodbye to my 80i which I loved, but wasn't using so I gave them to a friend to enjoy.

That's very generous of you, and who knows, maybe one day you'll want to explore the realm of planar magnetic headphones, and take a break from electrostatics.

That being said, my friend, if you ever want to give your 009 ''to a friend to enjoy'', I'd be more than willing to to take them off your hands, my friend.
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #6,617 of 6,729
  $8-10K
WOW!

That ''only amounts to $2000 and $2500 each, and don't forget I'm speaking about ''MONOPOLY'' money, or Canadian money if you prefer.
biggrin.gif

I don't think I'm being too optomistic considering how much the pair below sold for.
eek.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRADO-HP1-HP1000-NOS-Headphones-with-extra-NOS-drivers-/172029264968?hash=item280dbe4448:g:~XYAAOSwNphWbj6~&rmvSB=true

The only Grado models that I have more than Han one of are the SR125e. I also had the chance to compare my GS1000e to its serial number date mate (one number higher).

Careful listening of the GS1000e revealed NO difference. For the SR125e's, casual listening to me reveals no difference. However, my wife Ruthie, who has better ears than I do, hears one (hers) as sounding better than mine ( she's going to check more carefully).

Well color me surprised!
redface.gif
 I never would've thought that you'd have more than one of each.

Help me understand here buddy, I mean if you'd only own the SR125e, and your wife keeps borrowing them, I could understand buying a second pair.

''Ahw! not again!, she keeps borrowing my 125e , oh well, I guess I'll have to spin the wheel again and hope it doesn't stop on the 125e this time, sssspinnnnn!..............I guess I'll have to make due with the
HP1000.
tongue.gif

Please don't be mad at me!, I wouldn't have taken the time to write all of this if I didn't like you, buddy.
beerchug.gif

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #6,618 of 6,729
Well color me surprised! :xf_eek:  I never would've thought that you'd have more than one of each.

Help me understand here buddy, I mean if you'd only own the SR125e, and your wife keeps borrowing them, I could understand buying a second pair.

''Ahw! not again!, she keeps borrowing my 125e , oh well, I guess I'll have to spin the wheel again and hope it doesn't stop on the 125e this time, sssspinnnnn!..............I guess I'll have to make due with the
HP1000. :p

Please don't be mad at me!, I wouldn't have taken the time to write all of this if I didn't like you, buddy. :beerchug:

While courting my new wife Ruthie 13 months ago, she was intrigued with my large headphone collection and started comparing them. I was surprised to find that her ears were better than mine in hearing minute difference between headphone.

She listened to many of mine and decided that she liked the SR125e best, based on both sound and comfort (she prefers its flat pads to either L bowls or G CUSH).

So in interest of continuing to impress her, I took her to my local Grado dealer and bought her her own pair. In listening, she tells me that hers sound better than mine. I have since decked hers out with the brown leather headband used on the current RS series, to distinguish them from mine,

Now that we are married, we have both!

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #6,619 of 6,729
While courting my new wife Ruthie 13 months ago, she was intrigued with my large headphone collection and started comparing them. I was surprised to find that her ears were better than mine in hearing minute difference between headphone.

She listened to many of mine and decided that she liked the SR125e best, based on both sound and comfort (she prefers its flat pads to either L bowls or G CUSH).

So in interest of continuing to impress her, I took her to my local Grado dealer and bought her her own pair. In listening, she tells me that hers sound better than mine. I have since decked hers out with the brown leather headband used on the current RS series, to distinguish them from mine,

Now that we are married, we have both!

That was very nice of you John. I used to own a pair of Senns HD600, and I had offered my wife her own pair of Senns for her 19th birthday, they were the HD-480 II.

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #6,620 of 6,729

That's very generous of you, and who knows, maybe one day you'll want to explore the realm of planar magnetic headphones, and take a break from electrostatics.

That being said, my friend, if you ever want to give your 009 ''to a friend to enjoy'', I'd be more than willing to to take them off your hands, my friend.
wink.gif

I was LMAO before I even finished reading this because I knew exactly what was coming! I'll definitely keep you ii mind.

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #6,622 of 6,729

I don't that John has multiple of the same model, what I mean by sample to sample différences, is say GS1000e vs GS1000e, not GG1000i vs GS1000e.

If my memory serves me right, the only Grado fan that I know had more than one of each was LCfiner, I think he owne for pairs of Holy Grail two pairs of HP1, and two pairs of HP2.

Or was it one pair of HP1, and three pairs of HP2, anyway, they were all in their original boxes, these things are worth between 8 and 10 grand. 
eek.gif

Yes ,  that's what i mean aswell  - i.e - SR-325e vs SR-325e  ,  SR-80e vs SR-80e

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #6,623 of 6,729
The only Grado models that I have more than Han one of are the SR125e. I also had the chance to compare my GS1000e to its serial number date mate (one number higher).

Careful listening of the GS1000e revealed NO difference. For the SR125e's, casual listening to me reveals no difference. However, my wife Ruthie, who has better ears than I do, hears one (hers) as sounding better than mine ( she's going to check more carefully).

Interesting ,  can't wait for her thoughts  
popcorn.gif

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #6,624 of 6,729
What does the older version have that the newest ones don't?

Yes you need to install an older version of spotify , then set the Spotify update files to "read only" before you start the app.     This will avoid auto update .   Bingo  :wink_face:

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #6,625 of 6,729
What does the older version have that the newest ones don't?

They are a better sounding client , something to do with the flash used.   I can't tolerate the sound on newer spotify versions.
Also the older versions have the old features like 3rd party apps .

This page will tell you how to install older versions for windows/mac/android -   http://www.wired.co.uk/article/how-to-downgrade-spotify

Download version 0.9.15.27 on this link -

Mac -   https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/mac/download/93041
Windows -  http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/18852/

Remember don't open the app until you have stopped the auto upgrade.  IMPORTANT

Trust me , you will be amazed how good your Grado's sound on this version.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #6,626 of 6,729
I've had 99 headphones but Grados i have none...

Just got a pair of SR60e..Was planing to get the 80s or 125s but it seems the difference is not that big anyways. Also got some L and G pads. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #6,628 of 6,729
After 99 headphones how do you start so way down on the Grado line? I think the 60's are actually at the bottom?
Maybe my question would better fit to ask what are the most expensive cans you have now? 99 mediocre headphones don't really matter in the larger scheme of things in high fidelity, aka the high end phones that are now available in droves.

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #6,629 of 6,729
I've had 99 headphones but Grados i have none...

Just got a pair of SR60e..Was planing to get the 80s or 125s but it seems the difference is not that big anyways. Also got some L and G pads. 

I like the L pads with the SR60i, but conventional wisdom indicates that the G cush are less appropriate for the SR series models (other than for comfort). I will be interested to hear what you think.

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #6,630 of 6,729
After 99 headphones how do you start so way down on the Grado line? I think the 60's are actually at the bottom?
Maybe my question would better fit to ask what are the most expensive cans you have now? 99 mediocre headphones don't really matter in the larger scheme of things in high fidelity, aka the high end phones that are now available in droves.

I have no intentions to go to the 500+ USD cans at this point since i cant justify the price/quality ratio.

My headphone collection changes quite a bit. I had everything from Monster to german maestros and AKGs. i like variety. Also i change headphone depending on mood and what i need them for. I really enjoy Monster inspiration and DNA pros for portable use for example. Even though they are not accepted as "hi-fi" headphones, i like them for what they are. 

since like 10 years ago when i first started to enjoy headphones Grado has always been on my radar. But i never got a pair. Now if i enjoy the Grado sound which i think i do i might look into getting something like the 325 for example, if i think they are worth the price. 

One thing to note is that i live in Sweden and over here the 60e goes for 130 USD roughly. So that's almost double the price compared to the US. If i want to venture in to the Grado house sound i don't want to bite the bullet and get something that is really expensive if it turns out a bad experience. 

Now i obviously know that the 60e is their entry level headphone..I'm just curious to see how they sound like. I also have way to many headphones and i have no plans to settle on just one really good one at this point. 

To answer your question though, i think the most expensive headphone i have right not is probably the AKG Q701 which retailed for 435 USD  for quite some time, Now its at a more reasonable price round 225 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back