Grado e Series
Sep 5, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #5,507 of 6,729
  Yes, That's me :)
It just didn't sound natural. And now it really start to lose the unnatural harshness, And get the addictive grado sound i like so much again!

Thanks... I was too lazy to track back through the posts.  I'm so glad that your PS1000e is coming back to life.  Have you been following the saga of several folks comparing the PS1000e and PS1000 side by side on the PS1000 thread?

Sep 5, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #5,508 of 6,729
If you mean Joseph's impressions, Then yes, I have been following it-Since his pair has also new drivers maybe it needs some more burn in, So you can't still compare objectively.
Anyway, I learned today that burn in exists! That is a great lesson, I wasn't always so sure about it, But believe me, Those are not the same headphones anymore!

Sep 5, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #5,509 of 6,729
That is amazing-I feel like i have accomplished about 90% percent of what i need in life by having those headphones.
What does a person need more that a spectacular sounding headphones to listen to music with?
We are very lucky people. We, Who discovered Grado and tried their headpohnes, Are one of the luckiest music lovers in the world-Many people are walking around being brainwashed by massive brands like Dr. Dre, And then listening to music without its true sound for the rest of their lives. 
We, On the other hand, Are lucky enough to have found this small company named Grado, That happen to have the best headpohnes in the world, That almost no one has ever heard of.
I don't know about you, But for me having these headphones is something for life-It is something to cherish, And is a huge part of my life. It is music. It is beauty. And it will never go away (Unless there's a driver failure 
rolleyes.gif
)

Let's just appreciate how lucky we are.
Sorry if i am too emotional, But the combination of relief and joy from listening to such beautiful sounds and music is really messing with my heart strings.

Sep 5, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #5,510 of 6,729

We, On the other hand, Are lucky enough to have found this small company named Grado, That happen to have the best headpohnes in the world, That almost no one has ever heard of.

I don't know if Grado has the best headphones in the world since I still didn't had the chance to listen more 'phones from other brands.
One thing is for sure...I still love my GS1000 & RA1 for their sound & style (the whole design concept).

Almost no one has heard of??? Grado sells 'phones like crazy! where do you think are they going??
Grado 'phones are for music lovers! I don't know how great music lover John is...for sure is a great business man!

Sep 5, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #5,511 of 6,729
Yep, now that things are going well with the PS1000e, please if you have the time report how they are different (hopefully better) from the non-e version. Thanks in advance for any comments sir.

I went through 2 (original version) PS1000s and never got used to the sound, just way too thumpy in the upper bass that made them fatiguing, along with some hot-searing lower treble. I did like the bigness of the sound though.
I went back to my GS1000i and e that as I said here I like a lot better being more evenhanded and balanced and reserved with a more pronounced midrange (but not pushy, just right, with natural vocals).
But if the PS1k-e is now evenhanded with controlled bass, I'd be curious. Like I said, the GS1k-e is significant step up from the i in my book. 
(I also like my trusty old RS1 original button version w/flat pads, but they don't get much headtime these days and sit in my drawer.)
So any PS1K orig. vs. e would be welcome. Thank you very much in advance.

Sep 5, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #5,512 of 6,729

I don't know if Grado has the best headphones in the world since I still didn't had the chance to listen more 'phones from other brands.
One thing is for sure...I still love my GS1000 & RA1 for their sound & style (the whole design concept).

Almost no one has heard of??? Grado sells 'phones like crazy! where do you think are they going??
Grado 'phones are for music lovers! I don't know how great music lover John is...for sure is a great business man!

Grado is much less known than Sennheiser and other popular brands, And frankly it is not possible that they sell like crazy-Their phones are handmade in a small Brooklyn factory, Have your ever seen the Sennheiser factory?
Of course they don't sell only a few, But compared to other popular brands they sell much less. Have you ever entered an average consumer electronics store that has headphones like the Momentum, But you'll almost never find the SR80?

Sep 5, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #5,514 of 6,729
  Yep, now that things are going well with the PS1000e, please if you have the time report how they are different (hopefully better) from the non-e version. Thanks in advance for any comments sir.

I went through 2 (original version) PS1000s and never got used to the sound, just way too thumpy in the upper bass that made them fatiguing, along with some hot-searing lower treble. I did like the bigness of the sound though.
I went back to my GS1000i and e that as I said here I like a lot better being more evenhanded and balanced and reserved with a more pronounced midrange (but not pushy, just right, with natural vocals).
But if the PS1k-e is now evenhanded with controlled bass, I'd be curious. Like I said, the GS1k-e is significant step up from the i in my book. 
(I also like my trusty old RS1 original button version w/flat pads, but they don't get much headtime these days and sit in my drawer.)

There has been a recent plethora of comparisons of the PS1000 to the PS1000e here, instigated by @joseph69 obtaining a loaner PS1000e to which to compare to his own PS1000. Run through all the posts after the link I gave... there are comparisons from at least joseph69, stacker45, MacedonianHero, and kayandjohn.

Sep 5, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #5,515 of 6,729

Hi, I last heard the PS1000 quite a long time ago, So you better ask on the PS1000 thread for a more reliable comparison...

Sep 5, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #5,516 of 6,729

I had the same issue with the original PS1000 (though I still liked them), but thankfully the "e" toned down the upper bass and the lower treble. For me it was win-win...for some who prefer the fun "U" sound, not so much.

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #5,517 of 6,729

I had the same issue with the original PS1000 (though I still liked them), but thankfully the "e" toned down the upper bass and the lower treble. For me it was win-win...for some who prefer the fun "U" sound, not so much.

(quoted in part from another post):

... the PS1000e is all about realism, presenting a flat frequency response, while the PS1000 is all about fun, presenting a U-shaped frequency response curve.  

The PS1000e, with its realism, is for the altos of the chorus... those who make their bed each morning, do NOT remove the "Do Not Remove" tag from their mattresses, and always eat their vegetables first.  The PS1000 lover, on the other hand, is like the first two of The Three Little Pigs, quickly building their house of straw or sticks so they can go out to play.  As the sopranos of the chorus, they eat desert first, and they are awaiting others to do their bidding while complaining that they had to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back