Grado e Series
Mar 1, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #3,871 of 6,729

Great choice 
beerchug.gif

Thanks!  I’m really liking them!

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #3,872 of 6,729
  the ms2i is killer ! i loved mine, never heard the proi, i heard the msPROe, i didn't like it at all

I don't like both the MS Pro i and e, they're very boring and lifeless in comparison to the RS1i.

The MS2i is a great choice actually, it's just that I've not seen many people talk about it. I liked my 325is with extreme Metal, but for Goth/Symphonic Metal I'd go for the MS2i any moment.

If I had one.

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #3,873 of 6,729

Having owned everything you mentioned I agree mostly. Except that I only like the MS Pro (i) when they're modded. The soundstage is big enough for Classical and Post-Rock, the Grado house sound is still there for Vocal and Rock/Metal.
For me the 325e is like the SR325is running after the PS500e, because the PS500 is very very different. 

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #3,874 of 6,729
Hi,

After a long time reading this topic, I just received my brand new PS500e. It seems sound pretty good, but, it has a little scratch on one cup, as you can see on this picture.

http://s4.postimg.org/f5pahiy65/IMG_4384.jpg

I've seen many of you had issues with some Grado here, so could it be considered as a "classic" issue of Grado, or should I send it back ? It seems perferct otherwise.

Thanks

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #3,875 of 6,729
Hi,

After a long time reading this topic, I just received my brand new PS500e. It seems sound pretty good, but, it has a little scratch on one cup. I don't have authorization to add a picture now, but I will when I can.

I've seen many of you had issues with some Grado here, so could it be considered as a "classic" issue of Grado, or should I send it back ? It seems perferct otherwise.

Thanks

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #3,876 of 6,729
  Hi,

After a long time reading this topic, I just received my brand new PS500e. It seems sound pretty good, but, it has a little scratch on one cup. I don't have authorization to add a picture now, but I will when I can.

Thanks

Grado are all handmade and might not be free from imperfection, if its working well, why bother?

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #3,877 of 6,729
If you're unhappy with it send it back imo. The amount we pay for these headphones they should not have cosmetic defects like that. When i got my pair they looked like they had been pulled out of the ground like a carrot so i sent them back for a new pair.

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #3,878 of 6,729
Always worth sending them back if it's going to bug you. The PS500 are certainly great headphones but very different to the RS range. It's unfortunate I can't really afford both. Or maybe I can if I give up chocolate for a year...?

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #3,879 of 6,729
Always worth sending them back if it's going to bug you. The PS500 are certainly great headphones but very different to the RS range. It's unfortunate I can't really afford both. Or maybe I can if I give up chocolate for a year...?

I too have the PS500, its warmer compared to my SR325e.

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #3,881 of 6,729
The 325 is the only Grado headphone up to the RS1 I've never owned. Just a tad bright. I think the PS500 is good for pretty much everything, but vocals aren't quite as transparent and sparkly as the SR and RS line. I could EQ for certain genres but don't really want to go down that route...

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #3,883 of 6,729

You could tell them that you're interested in returning them. Or you could send a copy of the picture and ask the retailer if they would offer you a partial refund.
  Hi,

Thanks

Mar 2, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #3,885 of 6,729
You're right, I'll see with the seller what we can do. The thing is I live in France, and the price just increased from 785 to 850 euros, and I had them with a discount, so I don't know if they can just exchange them.

BTW, does somebody could tell me how can I have the permissions to add a picture here ?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back