Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Dec 28, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #469 of 771
  any idea that when it will be available in stores? never came across Grado before but im quite impressed by this one

It will not be available from the regular Grado line of headphones.

There is one listed in the B/S/T forums here, if you are interested.

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #472 of 771
Not to sound decent.
Grados are probably one of the best sounding headphones without an amplifier but sound better when correctly amplified.

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #473 of 771
  Do these headphones need an amplifier to sound decent?

To sound excellent get an amp, Even amps like the Little Dot mk1+,Schiit Magni or Vali, or O2 amp will be awesome for these. and they are around the 100-130 dollar range.

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #474 of 771
  To sound excellent get an amp, Even amps like the Little Dot mk1+,Schiit Magni or Vali, or O2 amp will be awesome for these. and they are around the 100-130 dollar range.

I owned the LD1+, (hybrid) and I own the Schiit Magni/Modi combo (SS), and they are both really nice sounding amps IMO.
I let the LD go because I bought a WA6 which is a tube amp, so I didn't feel the need to own both tube amps.
BTW, the LD is a hybrid tube amp, it uses an OP-AMP + tubes, where as the WA6 is a pure tube amp.
You can change the OP-AMP and roll the tubes in the LD to suite your sound preference, and it is a great inexpensive amp.

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #475 of 771
Currawong is watching!
Mods are moderators who monitor the threads to make sure we behave.
Some of the posts in this thread were erased last night as the mods deemed them inappropriate.
Keeps things from getting out of hand....

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #476 of 771
  Currawong is watching!
Some of the posts in this thread were erased last night as the mods deemed them inappropriate.

Thank you, I sort of thought they where "those guys", but I didn't get moderators from "mods".
And I heard that Currawong is watching, LOL!!!

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #477 of 771
I am digging the sense of depth I am getting with the G cushions on the BxG's and the bass is tamed just enough to lighten the sound up just a bit on the low side, but for a Grado this has got some sweet low end. BTW I have not even tried the L cushions yet... hmm might not till the RS2's that I am borrowing get here so i can A/B them correctly.  Also if you have not yet tried this I put a small PX100 cushion on the headphone before the Grado cushion, this may or may not be to your guys liking but to me it does have a nice sound.

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #478 of 771
  Currawong is watching!

He's not....but I'M watching. Keep the topic on track here chaps. If this continues I'll be happy to lock this thread.

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #479 of 771

He's not....but I'M watching. Keep the topic on track here chaps. If this continues I'll be happy to lock this thread.

what's going on???

I'd like to read more impressions of the Grado Bushmills!
As I MAY have a person willing to part with his.

I've been rockin Grados for YRS (a Brooklyn-boy originally) and I currently rock
125i's
225i's

and I'm getting 325i's...

Plus I've ALWAYS wanted a closed headphone from Grado!!

anybody got some updates on their sonic performance??

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #480 of 771
what's going on???

I'd like to read more impressions of the Grado Bushmills!
As I MAY have a person willing to part with his.

I've been rockin Grados for YRS (a Brooklyn-boy originally) and I currently rock
125i's
225i's

and I'm getting 325i's...

Plus I've ALWAYS wanted a closed headphone from Grado!!

anybody got some updates on their sonic performance??

Hi there,
As far as closed Grado goes, these are closed only aesthetically. They don't isolate in either direction any more than the ms1s that I have previously.

As far as sound goes I would say these are unique but still Grado.
They have more bass than any Grado I have heard.
They are also smoother than any Grado I have heard which may well bother some Grado detail fans out there.
Personally I love them, before going on Christmas leave I listened to them at work for about 4 hours straight before lunch and about 6 hours after with no fatigue.

To me they seem to perform quite well in most genres too which is nice.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back