Grado and Beyerdynamic with Fiio Combo
May 31, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
Charging dock?  For the E7 or do you mean for the ipod?  The Fiio combo's benefit is providing both a good sound source(E7) and powerful desktop amplification(E9).  Almost any quality dynamic headphone will benefit when used with this combination.

According to Amazon, the E9 is a desktop headphone amplifier and dock for E7 USB DAC.  "Dock connector for E7 USB DAC, also provides charging power" is listed in the technical details.  I was just wondering if the E7 somehow integrated into the E9 and made it have additional functionality in some way, or if the E9 could just charge it.  Thanks.

May 31, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #17 of 21
Ah, I see.  With the E7 docked to the E9, it essentailly becomes part of the E9 with all of functions locked, leaving only its DAC as the only function active.  The E7 still functions as an external sound card except in this case it works through the E9 when docked.

May 31, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #18 of 21

Quote:
Ah, I see.  With the E7 docked to the E9, it essentailly becomes part of the E9 with all of functions locked, leaving only its DAC as the only function active.  The E7 still functions as an external sound card except in this case it works through the E9 when docked.

Okay, that's the type of thing I was wondering about.  Thank you very much for the input.

May 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
almost everything ... I listed to all from hiphop, rap, and rock to dupstep and electronic music :)

You won't want the Grados then (anemic bass). Go with the DT770 or DT880. And if you're getting the E9, you might as well get the 600 ohm version (best for a powerful amp like the E9).

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #21 of 21

Quote:
You won't want the Grados then (anemic bass). Go with the DT770 or DT880. And if you're getting the E9, you might as well get the 600 ohm version (best for a powerful amp like the E9).

Yep, E9 is a beast. But if I recall correctly, it has a gain switch.
But yes, I'd go with the 600 ohms also, if available, especially with DT880 (premium/edition)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back