GRADO/ALESSANDRO INFORMATION CENTRAL.
Mar 8, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #61 of 106
Well...the bug for me is going to have to wait a while. Just spoke with someone at Alessandro and they're backordered for 2 weeks...
frown.gif

Must...fight....the....urge.....to.....buy......SR 60.....in......the.....meantime!
icon10.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #62 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well...the bug for me is going to have to wait a while. Just spoke with someone at Alessandro and they're backordered for 2 weeks...
frown.gif

Must...fight....the....urge.....to.....buy......SR 60.....in......the.....meantime!
icon10.gif

resistance is futile. i recommend ordering and ms1 now and then waiting a week to buy the sr60 at a retailer with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. that way you have both of them at the same time and decide if you want to go the grado or alessandro upgrade route. you will upgrade. it is inevitable.
rs1smile.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #65 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by b1gben83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
resistance is futile. i recommend ordering and ms1 now and then waiting a week to buy the sr60 at a retailer with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. that way you have both of them at the same time and decide if you want to go the grado or alessandro upgrade route. you will upgrade. it is inevitable.
rs1smile.gif

Yup...you were right. On an impulse, I bought the SR225 from someone on the FS forum. Now, hopefully, Alessandro will let me cancel my MS1 order. If not, then I can at least audition both and perhaps sell one of them....NAH!

I have been assimilated....
icon10.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #66 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the N00bs don't post a thread asking "whats a c-pad"?
rs1smile.gif

They're probably still trying to digest the monster V-Moda thread. To forestall newb questions, please check out the Larry's website for more info on C-Pads: www.headphile.com

Mar 9, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #68 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkfloyd4ever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here's a newb question for ya: are those yellow pads I've seen on Grados always the Senn 414 pads?

I believe so, and that also includes the pink ones and the purple ones.

uh;....I think they were pink. Maybe not. Maybe just purple.

....Lisa?

Mar 9, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #69 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe so, and that also includes the pink ones and the purple ones.

uh;....I think they were pink. Maybe not. Maybe just purple.

....Lisa?

I am kinda double posting this pic, but here's a quick overview of the most common pads (missing are the TTVJ flat pads and GS1000 super-bowls). For auditive comparison, see the thread linked in the first post.

from top-left clockwise:
- unmodded/stock Sennheiser HD414 replacement pads (aka vwaps):
shouldn't cost more than $4 per pair and are a bit softer than comfies but besides their bright yellow color very alike the comfies

- bowls:
Standard pads for all but SR-60/MS1 (come with comfies) and GS1000 (uses super-bowls or bagels). Cost about $15 new. These are great if you have small ears as they then are completely circumaural. If you do not have very small ears, they can be a PITA as they are still pretty small in diameter and open at the same time so they either crush your ears or you chafe your pinnae on the driver screens

- quarter modded HD414 pads:
created by cutting a quarter-sized hole in the standard HD414. This provides an experience somewhere between the bowls and the stock HD414/comfies which resembles the TTVJ flat pads. The HD414's are softer than the flat pads however. The HD414's with the hole can be reversed as well (the fresh hole is used to put the pads onto the driver-housings) as the backside of the HD414 pads is even thicker than the frontside.

- standard/stock comfies:
Come with SR-60 and MS1. Cost about $10 new. Very comfortable, hence their name. Can be quarter modded as well.

IMG_0598.jpg

Mar 9, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #70 of 106
Well, to the problem...

The right driver of my SR60s are sometimes fading, sometimes making sparking sounds during music playback. I realise it could be "grattle", but would that really cause the driver to fade off almost completely? The thing is that it seemes that the fading has to do with some glitsch in the cable at the termination. Where it looks like the cable (atleast the rubber protection of it)(Hmm, did that sound wrong?) is sliding out from the "plug". The reason I'm suspecting a glitsch is that the fading seems to get worse when I move the cable/mp3-player around.

So I've got that a few questions:

Is a glitsch in the cable covered by the guarantee? I understand that the problem could be cured by a re-cabeling. The thing is though, that I'm not that handy to do that by myself. And not really intreseted to fund one at all since they cost me a 120 dollars, to begin with...

Secondly, how do I warm up the housing so that I can pull it apart, to remove hair from the driver. If thats the problem..? I have tried to suck/blow gently from the grill(a lot), but it haven't fixed the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 10, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #71 of 106
I would certainly think that the cable should be covered by the guarantee. I would also suggest requesting an SR-80 or higher cable be installed if at all possible. The SR-60 uses a three conductor cable while the higher up versions use a four conductor configuration.

It may not sound any different, but I suspect that it may be a more robust design.

Mar 12, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #73 of 106
Quote:

Happy monday march 12. 2007

will be adding ALOT of more stuff this week.
rs1smile.gif

Cool! We'll all anxiously be watching this space for sure!

....a woody smilie, huh? That IS interesting!!

Mar 13, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #75 of 106
Quote:

Having a hard time finding decent MS Pro threads??

anyone have any good reviews / mods ??

seems to be slim pickings.

Yeah; there's not a lot out there, but....

.....it's ALL GOOD!!

I can only speak for myself, but from what I know and what I think I know, if I had a slightly better system and was still a working Engineer instead of a retired one, a nice pair of wooden Alessandros would be a major part of MY system!!
rs1smile.gif

Seriously.

....hey, I was being serious!

If a person liked the MS-1.....which I did, and do....then they would love the MS2i.....which I do....and if they loved the MS2i they would....!!

Anyway; I get the feeling from all the stuff I've read going back to Day One in this forum and looking other places as well, that the MS-Pro, while it doesn't get tons of coverage, that what IS written about it is almost universally positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back