GRADO/ALESSANDRO INFORMATION CENTRAL.
Mar 7, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #31 of 106
Grado RS-1s are in the mail...well waiting for Todd to put them in the mail for me. Look forward to seeing what comes of this thread.

Cheers!

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #32 of 106
Mar 7, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #33 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be doing a thorough Melos/HP-1000 review.

Looking forward to that. That combo leaves me thinking that nothing can top it for my taste in headphone land
cool.gif
and I've heard the K-1000/F1 - HE90 HEV(???), etc, etc...

I would say the Melos sounds good with the GS-1000, RS-1, HP-2, and prolly any other Grado... not to mention the K-1000.

So as wonderful as the Grado phones are - the Melos is just an awesome headphone amp/preamp with the ability to get better with mods. And I don't even have the "gold" version.

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #34 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking forward to that. That combo leaves me thinking that nothing can top it for my taste in headphone land
cool.gif
and I've heard the K-1000/F1 - HE90 HEV(???), etc, etc...

I would say the Melos sounds good with the GS-1000, RS-1, HP-2, and prolly any other Grado... not to mention the K-1000.

So as wonderful as the Grado phones are - the Melos is just an awesome headphone amp/preamp with the ability to get better with mods. And I don't even have the "gold" version.

I can't wait to get it
rs1smile.gif
I keep checking the FedEx tracking page everyday.

What tubes do you recommend? I've gone through the large Melos tube rolling thread and found some nice suggestions. The amp comes with a new set of JJ 6DJ8 which are supposed to be the best current production tubes. But I also have a matched pair of Amperex Bugle Boys on the way.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it mates with the Pass Labs amp as a preamp as well. And now that I finally have a proper preamp I'm looking into a vinyl setup
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #40 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber_Soul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I went to order MS1's my browser popped this up: http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4374/certyu4.png

Expired certificate? should I just ignore it?

As far as I know, no one has ever had a problem with it. It's been like that as long as I can remember and I made my two Alessandro purchases with no difficulties of any kind.

...other than the upgraditus bug packed with my MS-1s.

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #41 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I know, no one has ever had a problem with it. It's been like that as long as I can remember and I made my two Alessandro purchases with no difficulties of any kind.

...other than the upgraditus bug packed with my MS-1s.

What is the upgraditus bug?

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #42 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber_Soul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the upgraditus bug?

It's a nasty little critter that jumps out of the Grado Pizza Box when you open it to get the MS-1s out, and it causes a serious infection that can only be cured by getting an MS2i or MS-Pro.

Very bad.
very_evil_smiley.gif

tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #43 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be doing a thorough Melos/HP-1000 review.

Awesome, Im Gonna redesign the Time Tested Amps Section
To include Reviews, Split into sections based on model.
Looking foward to adding your review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentVX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice thread. Allow me to throw in a couple that I bookmarked while doing my research. Any headband mods for the ms1? Good discussion (with pics) on ways to make the Grado headband more comfortable.
And the bowls basshead mod discussion: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150699

Thanks .added.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comparison of bowls, flats, comfies and HD414 pads with hole cut in them:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87932(the vwap pads are the 414s)

thanks, but I think i already have that one under sr225 , but with the thread that goes with it as well?

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #44 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a nasty little critter that jumps out of the Grado Pizza Box when you open it to get the MS-1s out, and it causes a serious infection that can only be cured by getting an MS2i or MS-Pro.

Very bad.
very_evil_smiley.gif

tongue.gif

blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

But then when you get the MS2i, the ugraditus bug in THAT pizza box jumps out and bites you and the only thing that will cure it is the RS-1...and so on...and so on...
tongue.gif

I'm waiting on my MS1...just ordered yesterday. For those of you that have bought the MS1 recently, how long was the wait? I'm anxious to get bit by some money draining, soul sucking, upgraditus bug!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back