GRADO/ALESSANDRO INFORMATION CENTRAL.
Mar 6, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #17 of 106
Don't forget the Never-In-Production Freesystems FS-1, which was cannibalized to make the PS-1:

11-FG-1.jpg

Hmm, and the fact that the early SR325 was black aluminum before it went to silver. Oh, and that some of the SR100/SR200/SR300 cans shipped with HP1000 drivers, so be on a lookout. And there is that ONE MS-2i can that shipped with black metal grilles. Oh I guess the differences in the RS-1s, from choco brown wood and headband and wood box, to choco brown wood and black headband and pizza box, to light brown wood and black headband and pizza box.

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #18 of 106
I'd also like to suggest a "time tested" amp section, well known for its synergy. For instance, Melos for HP-1000's, RA-1 for RS-1 (though it works well with all of them), Ear HP4 etc. We can go with the "classics" that are recommended time and time again. If something really does stand the test of time it could be added. I'd say that most of the modern amps simply have not been around enough to really be claimed to be "on top of the world" though I'm sure some will disagree.

Another amp worth mentioning...Holmes-Powell DCT-1 and 2.

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #19 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd also like to suggest a "time tested" amp section, well known for its synergy. For instance, Melos for HP-1000's, RA-1 for RS-1 (though it works well with all of them), Ear HP4 etc. We can go with the "classics" that are recommended time and time again. If something really does stand the test of time it could be added. I'd say that most of the modern amps simply have not been around enough to really be claimed to be "on top of the world" though I'm sure some will disagree.

Another amp worth mentioning...Holmes-Powell DCT-1 and 2.

Awesome idea.
If anyone has any ideas you can post here, or pm (like quite few have already done)

For the time tested amps section, it would be nice to have at least one thread from the past to go along with the recomendation.

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #20 of 106
This Section is on a different post because, well, quite frankly it makes the main post too long.
If you have any time tested amp + grado/alessandro combos to add please post or send pm
Also if anyone quoted here has changed their mind. Please let me know and i will un-quote. thanks
================================================== ================================
Time Tested Amps Section
This Section is for recommending time tested amps well known for their synergy with Grado/Alessandro Headphones.
================================================== ===
By Model.

---------------
SR60/SR80/SR125

-----------------
SR225

-----------------
SR325/325i

---------------
HP1000
-Amp> Melos Synergy with > HP1000

As recommended by:
gsferrari Quote: "At a recent HeadFi meet I heard the HP1 and HP2 out of the Melos
sobering experience...it basically trashed everything else that was there"

Also recommended by:
Bozebuttons Quote: "The melos meastrobator Grado/HP grados is a killer combo"

And also mentioned in the "List your top 3 headphone and amp combos" thread found here > http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2705879

Review by J-pak "Melos SHA-1/Grado HP-2" >> http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=229596
----------------------------------
PS1 Pro
=================

As recommended by:

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #21 of 106
I think I'll just disable my search function, and.....simply stay RIGHT HERE at this new "should-be-a-Grado/Alessandro must-read" sticky!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

cool.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #23 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so,what would you say is the main difference between the Grado sound and the Alessandro sound?
if this is offtopic i'll delete the post.

biggrin.gif
Not off topic in fact..
"This thread is here to discuss, debate and share ideas on Grado/Alessandro headphones "

In a way it's kind of an effort to balance against the monster ultrasone thread, but where that thread has info deeply buried, this thread has info for all to see.
rs1smile.gif

Im suprised there hasn't been a more lively discussion here???

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #25 of 106
hey i have a GS1000, but my amp and source are my laptop's headphone out. what should i do?

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #26 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey i have a GS1000, but my amp and source are my laptop's headphone out. what should i do?

Uh......I would cry .
tongue.gif

Seriously though you should probably post that question in you're own separate thread , not because it doesn't belong here , but because you'd probably get more responses. Any thread with gs1000 in the title usually does
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back