GRADO/ALESSANDRO INFORMATION CENTRAL.
Mar 13, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #76 of 106
- quarter modded HD414 pads:
created by cutting a quarter-sized hole in the standard HD414. This provides an experience somewhere between the bowls and the stock HD414/comfies which resembles the TTVJ flat pads. The HD414's are softer than the flat pads however. The HD414's with the hole can be reversed as well (the fresh hole is used to put the pads onto the driver-housings) as the backside of the HD414 pads is even thicker than the frontside.

Thanks for clearing this out...I always thought that the reversed 414s were just 414s turned inside out. This makes much more sense
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #77 of 106
glad to help
tongue.gif

For me the quarter-modded reversed pads do not sit on my ears correctly and unreversed (or standard) they are more than soft enough...

I use the quarter-modded HD414 pads on my SR-60's and the stock bowls on my MS2i's... works brilliant for both

Apr 5, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #80 of 106
Personally; and in my humble opinion, the now famous "Alessandro Post #5" should also be added to the Alessandro web site!

Apr 5, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #81 of 106
how come GS-1000 does not get as much love as RS-1 gets?
if this is off topic,please delete.
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally; and in my humble opinion, the now famous "Alessandro Post #5" should also be added to the Alessandro web site!

Apr 7, 2007 at 9:48 AM Post #83 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how come GS-1000 does not get as much love as RS-1 gets?
if this is off topic,please delete.

Not off topic at all! And I'm surprised that nobody who really knows has responded to it. So I'll bump this to the front while tossing in a "guess."

My guess is that GS1K doesn't sound as much like a "real" Grado to fit right in with the family.

Too "good" to get down and rock out and get wild and drink beer with the buddies, huh?

Maybe...I dunno.
plainface.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:17 PM Post #86 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xsparc7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the difference between a grado and an alessandro? Grado owns Alessandro? Alessandros are the modified versions of Grados?
confused.gif

Mr. Alessandro and Mr. Grado are sort of partners, and friends too. Alessandro is a seller of all kinds of guitar related like amplifiers and such, and after he listened Grados headphones he proposed some changes. This is how it went IIRC. Now there are Alessandros and Grados, two flavors. Read the John Grado Interview sticky.

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #87 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mr. Alessandro and Mr. Grado are sort of partners, and friends too. Alessandro is a seller of all kinds of guitar related like amplifiers and such, and after he listened Grados headphones he proposed some changes. This is how it went IIRC. Now there are Alessandros and Grados, two flavors. Read the John Grado Interview sticky.

Too much too read! But I've read them anyway. Good info, thanks.

So the Alessandros are actually the modified/tweaked Grados. What are the changes ? I mean how do their sound characteristics differ from each other? Or to be more precise, take for example the SR325i and MS-2i. How do they sound differently?

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #88 of 106
Material and build are almost identical (except Alessandros don't have the button on the grill), I think the main changes lie in the driver.

IIRC, Grados are more coloured and up front (some feel it's fatiguing but not me), and Alessandro are more tamed/balanced and neutral (relatively speaking). I personally love the Grado sound and I think the colouration makes it fun!

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #89 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xsparc7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too much too read! But I've read them anyway. Good info, thanks.

So the Alessandros are actually the modified/tweaked Grados. What are the changes ? I mean how do their sound characteristics differ from each other? Or to be more precise, take for example the SR325i and MS-2i. How do they sound differently?

They are bit less colored, less aggressive, but also less "excitied" natured. More earfriendly some say.

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #90 of 106
Fairly new to the forum, but it's influence is being felt all too quickly...sorry wallet.

All the glowing remarks on Grados made me go on the hunt for my first pair. Scored a second hand pair of SR60's today. Love 'em, they're like butta!

I am curious as to how old they might be. Owner still had the old original box, which I recongnized was very different than the packaging used today. I figured this place has to be the best bet for an educated guess.

Thoughts? Pick below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back