GR07 - Tips Thread
Jul 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #182 of 349
Quote:
The 400s are 500s both don't fit.

Well, if it isn't the T-500 that's in my ear right now surrounding the GR07 nozzle, I don't know what it might be...
confused_face.gif

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #184 of 349
I contacted Lendmeyourears, which is where I bought my Vsonic GR07's, posing the following questions:

1. Where one would obtain the Original Vsonic GR07 Foam Tips? (and why they do not offer the ones that came with the earphones as samples, and sell identical ones, so as the customer could get more of the one that worked the best for him)
2. Why does Vsonic not respond when owners of their $180 product inquire about tip availability?

The response was, "I don't think you can get it anywhere in the market."

And that, "I will try to approach them about it."

And, "The reason why Vsonic do not really respond is because they are still very much focused on the China market."

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #185 of 349
Yeah, Vsonic is focused only on the Chinese market and that's why it's hard to find replacement tips and stuff. But still if you're that set on getting the tips you like you would have done it by now - http://www.lugbuy.com/weisuonike-vsonic-r07-won-t-cast-aside-sponge-plug-(c)-p_12988499803.html  or http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-12988499803.html  and there are probably a bunch more taobao agents. And honestly, Vsonic isn't obliged to provide international buyers with spare tips or act like an accessories' dealer.

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #186 of 349
Quote:
And honestly, Vsonic isn't obliged to provide international buyers with spare tips or act like an accessories' dealer.

Thanks for the links.  It's a possibility, however shipping cost doesn't help a lot....

About the quoted part,  VSONIC may indeed not be obliged to maintain international distribution channels, but the least that one would expect is an answer to inquiries made to the oficial e-mail published on their very own ENGLISH LANGUAGE (thus meant to address outside China market) contact page....http://www.vsonic.com.cn/contactus/Contact_vsonic.htm.

This is not a question of market focus, it's a question of basic respect.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #187 of 349
Quote:
Thanks for the links.  It's a possibility, however shipping cost doesn't help a lot....

About the quoted part,  VSONIC may indeed not be obliged to maintain international distribution channels, but the least that one would expect is an answer to inquiries made to the oficial e-mail published on their very own ENGLISH LANGUAGE (thus meant to address outside China market) contact page....http://www.vsonic.com.cn/contactus/Contact_vsonic.htm.

This is not a question of market focus, it's a question of basic respect.

Well, if you check the shipping you'll see that there are different options with China Post the cheapest and mistertao offering more options but purchasing from there is a bit more cumbersome due to commission and international shipment you have to pay after they receive your product. Yeah, it might not be a perfect solution but it is a solution. As far as their site and email - I have serious doubts there's anyone checking those - at least the one from international buyers given how they obviously haven't updated their site at all for close to a year.

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #188 of 349
Quote:
Yeah, Vsonic is focused only on the Chinese market and that's why it's hard to find replacement tips and stuff. But still if you're that set on getting the tips you like you would have done it by now - http://www.lugbuy.com/weisuonike-vsonic-r07-won-t-cast-aside-sponge-plug-(c)-p_12988499803.html  or http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-12988499803.html  and there are probably a bunch more taobao agents. And honestly, Vsonic isn't obliged to provide international buyers with spare tips or act like an accessories' dealer.

Thanks for these links. The pictured Foam Tips on the "MisterTao" webpage would appear to be the correct original tips, and they are listed as being so.

However, after attempting to use the "MisterTao" webpage to place an order, I had no success, as nothing on the page works correctly.

If anyone has had any success placing an order for these $2.48 + S&H GR07 Sponge (foam) Tips on the MisterTao webpage, then please advise.

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #189 of 349
Quote:
Thanks for these links. The pictured Foam Tips on the "MisterTao" webpage would appear to be the correct original tips, and they are listed as being so.

However, after attempting to use the "MisterTao" webpage to place an order, I had no success, as nothing on the page works correctly.

If anyone has had any success placing an order for these $2.48 + S&H GR07 Sponge (foam) Tips on the MisterTao webpage, then please advise.

Well, mister is a bit sluggish this days and has issues opening pages. The lugbuy link is linked to the same taobao seller, so it's exactly the same product - lugbuy and taobao are just acting like middlemen for international sellers. If you think that the lugbuy's offer is more expensive that might be because on mistertao the commission and the local shipping from the seller to mistertao isn't calculated. Lugbuy is a bit easier to use and the process of purchasing something is simpler.

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #190 of 349
I took your advice and used the Lugbuy site.

Apparently I was successful. Two Pairs for US$12.02, including shipping to Mexico. Sure beats Comply.

Now I will wait to see what I get.

When and if I get them, I will post back here.

However, from past experience, shipping by China Post from China to Mexico will take 3 to 7 weeks.

Aug 4, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #192 of 349
Main problem usually are not postal services but tax authorities in the importing country.  Most international shipments (including from China) that I followed with the respective tracking arrive within around seven days in the importing country (in my case Brazil), but since some governments do not minimally respect their citizens, local "treatment" normally takes over a month, resulting in a total delivery time of 6 to 8 weeks for any international order... and the worst, we pay 60% importation tax based on product + shipping value.

Chacho, yes, please get back with your experience.

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #194 of 349
Quote:
Main problem usually are not postal services but tax authorities in the importing country.  Most international shipments (including from China) that I followed with the respective tracking arrive within around seven days in the importing country (in my case Brazil), but since some governments do not minimally respect their citizens, local "treatment" normally takes over a month, resulting in a total delivery time of 6 to 8 weeks for any international order... and the worst, we pay 60% importation tax based on product + shipping value.

Chacho, yes, please get back with your experience.

I will get back to the forum here when I receive these supposed "original" Vsonic GR07 Foam Tips from China.

As a side note on duties, here in Mexico, there are no duties on shipments, if the ultimate handler of the package is the Mexican Postal Service, and, the value is under US$500 approximately. On the other hand if the ultimate handler of the package in Mexico is anyone other than the Mexican Postal Service, such as Fedex, UPS, or DHL, then there IS a duty of up to 17% regardless of how small or large the value of the package may be.

In the cases of China Post, Hongkong Post, Singapore Post, or the US Postal Service, then the ultimate handler of the package in Mexico would be the Mexican Postal Service, and thus no duty, if under US$500 approximately.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #195 of 349
I purchased these headphones about a week ago and experimented with all of the packaged tips (the ones that could fit my ear canal of course!) I observed the best sound quality from the blue fake hybrids without the foam. These opened up the sound stage a tiny bit but more importantly I experience more mid-bass "oomph". The blue "hybrids" with the foam inside sounded pretty muffled in terms of bass.

I really wish I hadn't lost my real blue sony hybrids. Those were the perfect size for me! I really don't want to spend $8 to buy another set with sizes I don't need...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back