GR07 - Tips Thread
Jan 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #151 of 349
Quote:
Thanks, could you elaborate? Did you put them on the nozzles and then pushed down on them with a pencil, or what?

No, I stretched them using a normal #2 pencil. The pencil is sharpened and I pushed the Comply onto the end of the pencil. You have to use trial and error but you have to push it down about a half an inch and it stretches the core of the Comply. Then just pull it off and the core is stretched out enough to get it over the nozzle. Then you have to quickly push it on the GR07 or it will shrink back. You can do this once or twice without losing the core in the Comply. Once its on its on good. I push it down on the GR07 past the ring on the nozzle with just a tiny bit of silver flange still showing. Works great for me.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #153 of 349
Hi all, well I've got the cheapy foams sent over from the states and put them on the cores that came with the original foams in the box, great fit onto the nozzle but the foam expands a bit too quick for me for locating, especially compared to the complys on my PFE012's...... so I'm looking at trying the TS-400 but can someone please explain the mod I need to do, also, do you know where I can get some more of the little core thingys?

Thanks for any help

Lee

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #154 of 349
Would anyone in the USA who owns the GR07 MK1 (or MK1.1) be able to lend them to the user eke2k6 for a 3 way shootout between all the existing GR07 models to this date: MK1 vs MK2 vs BE? That would be a really nice comparison to see and read about, no? If anyone is willing to do it, please contact eke2k6 by PM...

Thanks!  
beerchug.gif

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #155 of 349
Does anyone know which MEElectronics triple flange tips fit the GR07 (MkII)?

Rin's blog (linked at the bottom) shows the MEElectronics triple flanges to give them a more extended treble and some better presence, which I think I'd like, but I can't figure out which ones would fit, because as per Joker's IEM review thread, the GR07's nozzle size is apparently 3.5mm, while the closest MEElectronics IEMs measure 3mm or 4mm. Which of the two sizes fit the GR07 best?

http://rinchoi.blogspot.in/2012/10/the-effect-of-ear-sleeves-vsonic-gr07.html

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #156 of 349
Got my answer in another thread. The ones that fit the MEElectronics M6 fit the GR07.

I'm looking at Rin's measurements of the  GR07 MkII again, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with tips that might improve or reduce some of the deficiencies in the upper-mid to treble response.

Rin's measurements:

http://rinchoi.blogspot.in/2012/10/vsonic-gr07-mkii.html

Has anyone found any ear tips to significantly reduce some of the dips in the GR07s response in the upper mids -  lower treble? The 2k - 5k range seems to dip a little lower than I'd like (I'm hoping to get them to be as linear as the driver can get). Something to lessen this dip would be great.

Also, the GR07 gets a little too laid-back at the very upper reaches of the treble 15k and above, as per Rin's measurements. Have any tips shown themselves to let the driver's natural extension flow through a little better?

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #157 of 349
Does anybody know where to buy the "Sony" (silicone outside,foam inside) tips that ship with the GR07?  The purple one is a fantastic fit and I want to use them on other headphones.  I've tried the Sony hybrids but they are just not the same.

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #160 of 349
Quote:
in aus can only get comply in the way of foams.
can someone explain the mod to fit them on gr07 so thet dont impact bass and fit?
also whick complys do i buy?

Take a look at eBay and you'll find lots of foam tip choices. Some of the best foam tips I've tried so far were one of the cheapest I found at eBay!

The rubber core mod consists of grabbing a pair of rubber tips that fit the GR07 (I chose the smallest ones from it's package), and then you cut their flange off and you end up with just a pair rubber tubes. Then you fit those tubes on the GR07 nozzles, to act as a kind of filling, and you can use larger bore foam tips on top of them. I've used Comply Ts400 using this mod, that are just too large to use with the GR07 without the mod. So, I guess any Comply 400 series are usable on the GR07 with the rubber core mod...

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #161 of 349
Posted this elsewhere but got no response, so trying here.....

I was wondering if anyone knew what these earguide thingys are called and where I can get better ones.  I got these with my GR07s and they seem to be of low quality in that the wire constantly comes out, especially when working out at the gym.  I searched Amazon and Google for headphone earguides, headphone wire guides, etc.. but I am not having any luck due to not knowing what they are called.  Picture below of what I am attempting to replace.  Any brands, links, or recommendations would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Mar 23, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #162 of 349
Quote:
Got my answer in another thread. The ones that fit the MEElectronics M6 fit the GR07.

I'm looking at Rin's measurements of the  GR07 MkII again, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with tips that might improve or reduce some of the deficiencies in the upper-mid to treble response.

Rin's measurements:

Has anyone found any ear tips to significantly reduce some of the dips in the GR07s response in the upper mids -  lower treble? The 2k - 5k range seems to dip a little lower than I'd like (I'm hoping to get them to be as linear as the driver can get). Something to lessen this dip would be great.

Also, the GR07 gets a little too laid-back at the very upper reaches of the treble 15k and above, as per Rin's measurements. Have any tips shown themselves to let the driver's natural extension flow through a little better?

hey danilel the meelectroics according to the comply site use 200s so does that mean all 200 complys should work?

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #163 of 349
Quote:
Posted this elsewhere but got no response, so trying here.....

I was wondering if anyone knew what these earguide thingys are called and where I can get better ones.  I got these with my GR07s and they seem to be of low quality in that the wire constantly comes out, especially when working out at the gym.  I searched Amazon and Google for headphone earguides, headphone wire guides, etc.. but I am not having any luck due to not knowing what they are called.  Picture below of what I am attempting to replace.  Any brands, links, or recommendations would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

I don't know where you live but you should look into the audeo (phonak) black ear guides. http://www.earphonesolutions.com/audeo-ear-guide.html
Quote:

Rin's measurements:

You might want to get a hold of a sony mh1c as the tips that come with it are great with the gr07.
Quote:
hey danilel the meelectroics according to the comply site use 200s so does that mean all 200 complys should work?

Well, 200s should work fine - I've even put on 100s with almost no hassle but IMO gr07 just doesn't sound its best with foamies. I tried all kinds of types and mods and wasn't impressed. The Gr07 with the mh1c's tips pulled down over the entire nozzles sounded the best to me.

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #164 of 349
My GR07 MkII arrived yesterday. Right out of the box (no significant burn-in time yet), these sound fantastic to me. So far, the only real shortcoming I hear to these, in terms of sound signature is that the upper treble, say 12k and above, is a little laid-back to my ears. Nothing severe, not really rolled-off, just a bit laid-back. 

What tips would help out with increasing the upper treble presence? Among the stock tips, as well as aftermarket ones, that is.

May 6, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #165 of 349
Has anybody had custom tips made for these? There is a shop here that will make them, but they aren't cheap. I've been using the stock double-flanges pretty much since I bought them (went with the grey foams until they deteriorated) and they work alright most of the time. It'd be nice to get a perfect seal every time, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back