GR07 - Tips Thread
Mar 24, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #286 of 349
All  in all ....  and the winner is .... the Mandarines!  
regular_smile .gif

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #291 of 349
  We might have just the solution for you! We will be launching a tip with a core size for those earphones that fall in right between the 100s and 200s very soon. If you know of an other earphones/IEMs that fall between 100 and 200 please let us know!

-Comply 

I'm wondering when these will be available?

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #292 of 349
  All  in all ....  and the winner is .... the Mandarines!  
regular_smile .gif

I would add the inner core of hybrid type tip. Take the hybrid tip, turn the "mushroom cap" inside out and snip it off, leaving just a tube. It should be slightly longer than the shaft on the GR07. This way, the silicon will touch the inside of the ear and not the mesh from the GR07.

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #293 of 349
I'm REALLY disappointed in these headphones. Sound very tin can like, bright and trebly. Bass is almost non-existent. This is the bass edition too. My source is just Spotify. My apple headphones sound better than these. Tear.

Any help anyone? What am I doing wrong? I want to give them a little bit of time and effort before I ditch them. Let me know.

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #294 of 349
  I'm REALLY disappointed in these headphones. Sound very tin can like, bright and trebly. Bass is almost non-existent. This is the bass edition too. My source is just Spotify. My apple headphones sound better than these. Tear.

Any help anyone? What am I doing wrong? I want to give them a little bit of time and effort before I ditch them. Let me know.

I would wager you aren't getting a good seal. Which tips are you using?

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #295 of 349

Thanks for replying Zap. I went through the orange, black and blue. I settled on the blue but they all really sounded the same. I just ordered some Jay bud tips and some Soundmagic Isolation tips to see if that will help. I appreciate the response. Cheers.

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #296 of 349

Thanks for replying Zap. I went through the orange, black and blue. I settled on the blue but they all really sounded the same. I just ordered some Jay bud tips and some Soundmagic Isolation tips to see if that will help. I appreciate the response. Cheers.

Definitely sounds like your not getting a good seal. I had to go through a few of the stock tips before finding ones that fit well, but I was lucky to find a stock tip that fit. I hear the Sony hybrids are solid options as well. Keep looking, the end result is worth it.

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #297 of 349
I'm having the same problem with tips with these too. I really prefer foam tips (Comply) as they give me the best fit/comfort/isolation. But for some reason none of my foam tips sound at all good with these. Also, the adjustable nozzles are always moving and it's hard to get them aligned for the best SQ. I found the blue tips that came with them sound the best, but just don't want to stay put, and if I try to adjust the nozzle to get a deeper insertion, the seal is compromised or they just won't stay in place in my ear. It's a shame because I really like the sound when everything aligns for the short time that it does.

I really love my HiFiMan RE-400 because of the small barrel design - they are simple to insert and stay put no matter what.

Even though the Vsonic VSD3S has a similiar design to the GR07BE, I find that the VSD3S works well with foam tips and stays put quite a bit better...

May 7, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #298 of 349
I was having problems with lack of bass and the tips coming loose whenever I moved my head. I was planning on selling them until I tried angling the nozzle upward and using the double flanges. Now I love them. In fact, I love the double flanges so much I ordered a pair of ME triple flanges to see how those go.

May 7, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #299 of 349
  I was having problems with lack of bass and the tips coming loose whenever I moved my head. I was planning on selling them until I tried angling the nozzle upward and using the double flanges. Now I love them. In fact, I love the double flanges so much I ordered a pair of ME triple flanges to see how those go.

The tri flanges needs deep insertion and it's very irritating for some,doing so.....not to disappoint before hand but just sayin. try RE-400's bi flanges if you have.....

May 8, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #300 of 349

The tri flanges needs deep insertion and it's very irritating for some,doing so.....not to disappoint before hand but just sayin. try RE-400's bi flanges if you have.....

It's funny you say that because upon further testing I went back to the regular tips because the double flanges were a bit too long causing them to stick out of my ears too much to the point where the iems were unable to rest in my concha properly.

Oddly enough I've achieved a near perfect fit by using the M on my left ear and the L on my right. I can eat crunchy foods while running and they won't budge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back