GR07 - Tips Thread
Dec 7, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #257 of 349

It took 3 and a half weeks ... the Sony Hybrid foam tips arrived from Japan. As you can see in the stock photo above, there's foam inside of the silicon shell of the tip. After hours of testing, the GR07 are staying in my ear canals (not falling out)! It may be just my ears, but the stock tips and Meelectronic tips didn't work so well. Success at last!

1. Sound Isolation: Average. I doubt as good as Comply
2. Sound Quality: I don't think the tips change the sound at all.
3. Value: Not cheap, but if they work they are worth it! I recommend these if the other options fail.

There are also Sony Hybrid tips without the foam, more readily available in the US. I didn't try those.

I tried the Sony Tips without the foam. I had a Sony XBA-30ip that come with those tips with foam and without foam. I find that for me, the foam version tend to more stiff and less comfy.
The regular version without foam is more flexible, comfy and seems to have better seal for sound isolation.

That's the one that I find that it is has the best sound quality at the moment.

I also find that I need to use one size bigger to get a better fit than my previous xba-30. I dunno if it is the way GR07 has been designed.

I have also tried Comply Tip but I find that the Comply tend to mask off some of the higher frequency cymbal. I dunno if anyone has the similar experience.

Dec 29, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #258 of 349
Hey been using the mh750 tips for quite while but I'm looking to switch to comply due to me trying the included foam ones and instantly falling in love. Yes I know some people have said that the foam tips tend to mask clarity, but I'm willing to give up some of that for comfort. So does anyone know which foam tips will work. Thanks.

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #259 of 349
So I quickly read thru the whole thread and I didn't find a post about a place where I can buy a replacement for the original silicon medium tips (the oval like). I lost my original pair (of a GR07 BE) and I haven't been able to find a pair that works for my, the closest was the small silicon tips from my B2. I found this item on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-NEW-3-PAIRS-REPLACEMENT-EARBUDS-TIPS-BUDS-FOR-VSONIC-R02-VSD1-/291329642278?  but not sure if these are the same, since the description says otherwise, but maybe to not have an issue with V-sonic about inteluctual property. 

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #260 of 349
  So I quickly read thru the whole thread and I didn't find a post about a place where I can buy a replacement for the original silicon medium tips (the oval like). I lost my original pair (of a GR07 BE) and I haven't been able to find a pair that works for my, the closest was the small silicon tips from my B2. I found this item on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-NEW-3-PAIRS-REPLACEMENT-EARBUDS-TIPS-BUDS-FOR-VSONIC-R02-VSD1-/291329642278?  but not sure if these are the same, since the description says otherwise, but maybe to not have an issue with V-sonic about inteluctual property. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-In-ear-Noise-isolating-Soft-Comfort-Eartips-Inner-ear-Earphones-/380648340463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a068bbef

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #262 of 349
  My favourite tips are the Comply T100. Great isolation and great sound.

I picked up the Comply T-100. These stay on but as stated have to be stretched out first. Even with that it is a very tight fit. A battle to secure to the GR07 without destroying the T-100.
I also like the Sony Hybrid foam but the comply have better sound isolation and are better for longer periods of time.

Feb 15, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #264 of 349
T200 is for GR07, T100 is too small not to mention the bore opening will kill the sound

The T200 is too large - so falls off - see this post. The T100 has to be stretched. The first time I put it on I didn't stretch it enough. The Comply site likely doesn't mention GR07 for a reason. None of the tips fit perfectly. 

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #266 of 349
We might have just the solution for you! We will be launching a tip with a core size for those earphones that fall in right between the 100s and 200s very soon. If you know of an other earphones/IEMs that fall between 100 and 200 please let us know!

-Comply 

Feb 19, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #267 of 349

The T200 is too large - so falls off - see this post. The T100 has to be stretched. The first time I put it on I didn't stretch it enough. The Comply site likely doesn't mention GR07 for a reason. None of the tips fit perfectly. 

I gotta say, I had different luck than that user, T-200 is just fine, maybe the one he used was overstretched...

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #268 of 349

I gotta say, I had different luck than that user, T-200 is just fine, maybe the one he used was overstretched...

I never tried the T-200.  

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #269 of 349
I just got the GR07BE. Just want to confirm that the GR07 and GR07BE have the exact same nozzle dimensions?

I'm still in the process of figuring out the proper tips for me. I have Comply S-200 and they seem to fit snugly over the nozzle. I prefer foam tips overall so I guess I will start with these.

I also have the silicone Auvio tips from Radio Shack and they seem to fit well and sound good. I'm also going to try a double flange tip that I believe came with HiFiMan RE-400? I am terrible about keeping my stock tips labeled, instead they all seem to have ended up mixed together in one ziplock bag, lol.

How long do you all try different tips in looking for the right one? Do you just swap them out one after another, or spend a few hours or more on each one?

So far from this thread I have come to the conclusion that there are 20 or so different tips that all work best, lol. I guess this is typical since everyone is different.

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #270 of 349
  I just got the GR07BE. Just want to confirm that the GR07 and GR07BE have the exact same nozzle dimensions?

I'm still in the process of figuring out the proper tips for me. I have Comply S-200 and they seem to fit snugly over the nozzle. I prefer foam tips overall so I guess I will start with these.

I also have the silicone Auvio tips from Radio Shack and they seem to fit well and sound good. I'm also going to try a double flange tip that I believe came with HiFiMan RE-400? I am terrible about keeping my stock tips labeled, instead they all seem to have ended up mixed together in one ziplock bag, lol.

How long do you all try different tips in looking for the right one? Do you just swap them out one after another, or spend a few hours or more on each one?

So far from this thread I have come to the conclusion that there are 20 or so different tips that all work best, lol. I guess this is typical since everyone is different.

Any difference in the dimensions is probably so miniscule it won't even make a physical difference. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back