GR07 - Tips Thread
May 19, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #76 of 349
I have the clear meelec m6 and cc51, (both with clear tips) and my ears have itched from them, too. Strange..haha I also had a problem with driver flex on the left side of both sets. Solved the problem by using foam tips.

May 19, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #77 of 349
How do you know that a driver has flexed?

May 19, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #78 of 349
Today I tried the oval silicon tips from the Klipsch S4 that I've seen recommended.  The fit (for me) is stunningly perfect, however the sound quality is sub-optimal.  The bass becomes muddy and boomy, and there is a loss of highs.  I presume this is due to the smaller bore in these compared with included Sony knockoffs.  I'm still getting superlative sound with the included large black Sony hybrid knockoff -- but I'm still poking around to see if I can find something with better isolation, and I may not.  I've tried the Shure Olives, but foam and I don't seem to get along.  I can never seem to get a good seal.

May 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #79 of 349
Could be technique. Foam requires squishing them between fingers, then insert and hold in place till they expand.

May 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #82 of 349
Quote:
I used to like the Jays, but now the large triple flange tips from the Meelec M6 set are king. The have the clarity of the Jays tips, yet add depth and a tiny bit of power to the sound. Maybe it's the ear rape from having those things shoved in, but I like them far more than any tip I've tried. They're almost like a combination of the Jays tips and the Hifiman biflanges.

You can get a 3 pack for $5 here: http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Triple_flange_Eartips_p/tipset3-tf35l-mrg-bk.htm

When I initially tried them I hated the Meelec's.

Today I performed an experiment with the UE Single Flange, Sony Hybrids, and the Meelec M6. For some reason the Meelec's fit better but I had to push the Stem over the Back Flange of the GR07 since I pulled them out once and one stuck in my ear.

I like them now but I also like the UE's and the Sony Hybrids so I will keep a stash close by.

May 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #83 of 349
I'm using the stock foam tips now, but it seems that if I insert the whole thing it blocks of the sound, so I only inset a partial of it. I tried the Meelec bi-flanges but they to come of when you pull the IEM out of the ear. The foam one really increases the bass(apparently). So right now I'm kinda stuck over which tips I should get

May 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #84 of 349
Quote:
I'm using the stock foam tips now, but it seems that if I insert the whole thing it blocks of the sound, so I only inset a partial of it. I tried the Meelec bi-flanges but they to come of when you pull the IEM out of the ear. The foam one really increases the bass(apparently). So right now I'm kinda stuck over which tips I should get

Miles Davis Tributes are like that. Meaning that it needs slight amount of insertion; enough to grab and seal. More than that, and you get what you described. I recently got some ear drop stuff from Westone to try with IEM's, figuring it would help with insertion and help create a seal. Haven't felt the need for it as yet, but might try it eventually. For GR07, I am using the silicones with a foam inside. Are those Sony hybrids? They came with the GR07.

May 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #85 of 349
Quote:

Miles Davis Tributes are like that. Meaning that it needs slight amount of insertion; enough to grab and seal. More than that, and you get what you described. I recently got some ear drop stuff from Westone to try with IEM's, figuring it would help with insertion and help create a seal. Haven't felt the need for it as yet, but might try it eventually. For GR07, I am using the silicones with a foam inside. Are those Sony hybrids? They came with the GR07.

^ Same with Turbines " It's something to do with Monsters tip design. 

May 25, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #86 of 349
Mine is the GR06 but it should be the same packaging. For me the Sony hybrids (i think) dosent give me enough bass

May 25, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #88 of 349
Quote:
when you guys say sony hybrids, do you mean the ones with foam inside or just the normal silicone ones? 

Normal Silicone ones. Then when we say Hybrid Clones we mean copy's like these.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/15shopgoods/m.html?_nkw=EP-Ex10A&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3911.m270.l1313&_sop=1&_odkw=&_osacat=0

May 25, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #89 of 349
I like the ones with foam inside but the bass still is not really there yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back