Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! a.k.a. The S0 impressions thread.
Oct 17, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #61 of 379
 finally a cable clip , at last . an im still looking for one for my R3 !! how is the cable on these ? similar to S5 , its nice to see the smaller Y splitter .
I would like to believe that , things are moving in right direction .

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #62 of 379
   finally a cable clip , at last . an im still looking for one for my R3 !! how is the cable on these ? similar to S5 , its nice to see the smaller Y splitter .

The cable is the same as the S5's, rubbery and thick(and a bit heavy). The inclusion of a clip this time out really helps with the cable noise.

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #63 of 379

Well they got the clip half right... The actual clip part is great, it's the cable holder on the back that seems a little too small and flimsy, also the cable sort of stays in it.

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #64 of 379
It's probably just my mood today but I am finding these a little on the meh side. The treble is still a touch sharp for my liking, but nothing near the S5's daggers.

I need to try the Grey tips that came with the S5 or just listen tomorrow...

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #65 of 379
I think you need to put it on after the Y and both cables fit in nice and stable...

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #66 of 379
  I think you need to put it on after the Y and both cables fit in nice and stable...

Excellent!
I will give that a try for sure.

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #67 of 379
i think its good to see the cable clip this time . i hope it will continue .

Oct 17, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #68 of 379
It's probably just my mood today but I am finding these a little on the meh side. The treble is still a touch sharp for my liking, but nothing near the S5's daggers.

I need to try the Grey tips that came with the S5 or just listen tomorrow...

I find it sharp with certain tracks and dark with other tracks. I predict there's some ups and down on the highs going on in the FR curve IMO

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #69 of 379
Had mine for more than a week now, out of the box there was a slight harshness, but now after more than 100 hours burn-in, all the harshness have pretty much smoothed out. There is a mild hump around the treble area, that after burn-in is actually pretty good for acoustic guitar, gives some sparkle to the guitar sound. But overall still way below S5 sound quality.

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #70 of 379
Full review coming. I don't know if it's about or below the S5's sound quality for me (I haven't done a comparison yet), but I kind of enjoy it over the S5. Maybe it is the earphone's more balanced nature. More listening to do tonight.

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #71 of 379
  Full review coming. I don't know if it's about or below the S5's sound quality for me (I haven't done a comparison yet), but I kind of enjoy it over the S5. Maybe it is the earphone's more balanced nature. More listening to do tonight.

i too wished the same for S5 ,  a bit more balance on S5 will make it a really nice earphone .

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #72 of 379

To me, S5 with tri-flanges eartips sounds superior than S0 with all eartips that supplied with it.

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #73 of 379

To me, S5 with tri-flanges eartips sounds superior than S0 with all eartips that supplied with it.

...as well they should, sort of. You are knocking the S0's for not sounding like the s5's in two posts now....but the S0's have nothing to do with the S5's, except maybe the cables. The S0's are half the price of the S5's and have an entirely different signature(as well they should, they aren't trying to be cheaper S5's, they are trying to be good quality $50.00 IEM's...which they are). Lot's of folks have chimed in here already testifying that the S0's are a great value, with good build quality and good sound, and some prefer the signature over that of the S5's. It doesn't make them any better or worse, just different. I like them both for entirely different reasons, and that's all that matters to me. I like choice, and low cost choice best of all 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #74 of 379
  ...as well they should, sort of. You are knocking the S0's for not sounding like the s5's in two posts now....but the S0's have nothing to do with the S5's, except maybe the cables. The S0's are half the price of the S5's and have an entirely different signature(as well they should, they aren't trying to be cheaper S5's, they are trying to be good quality $50.00 IEM's...which they are). Lot's of folks have chimed in here already testifying that the S0's are a great value, with good build quality and good sound, and some prefer the signature over that of the S5's. It doesn't make them any better or worse, just different. I like them both for entirely different reasons, and that's all that matters to me. I like choice, and low cost choice best of all 
smily_headphones1.gif

Right. Tonality is up to individual preference, but level of detail, dynamic, & imaging quality, could be used as more objective parameters to judge the sound quality.

These days sub $50 IEM is quite crowded with choices. So not an easy fight to compete at this price level. I have around 15 good quality, 'known in Head-Fi', sub $50 IEMs, so it is a though competition for S0.  So far, compared to my other sub $50 IEMs, S0 will probably get around 3.5 - 4.0 stars. This is just an early impression. Will do more comparison later for more accurate impression. But again, at the end will boil down to personal preference.

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #75 of 379

Right. Tonality is up to individual preference, but level of detail, dynamic, & imaging quality, could be used as more objective parameters to judge the sound quality.

These days sub $50 IEM is quite crowded with choices. So not an easy fight to compete at this price level. I have around 15 good quality, 'known in Head-Fi', sub $50 IEMs, so it is a though competition for S0.  So far, compared to my other sub $50 IEMs, S0 will probably get around 3.5 - 4.0 stars. This is just an early impression. Will do more comparison later for more accurate impression. But again, at the end will boil down to personal preference.

Good, at least you will give the S0's a fighting chance, and that's never a bad thing 
smily_headphones1.gif
 And your right, it has indeed joined a crowded field, and so far so good with others opinions on this thread, hope it does good for you as well. The S0's do get a little bit better with age, though, maybe hold off until you get some real hours on them before you make your review/comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back