Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! a.k.a. The S0 impressions thread.
Oct 12, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #16 of 379
The Alfa Genus is indeed 50. But not USD. It's £49.99 :wink: but there's offer going on with 10% off for Head-Fi members thought.

Let's not get our of rail with this thread thought :)

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #17 of 379
The Alfa Genus is indeed 50. But not USD. It's £49.99
wink.gif
but there's offer going on with 10% off for Head-Fi members thought.

Let's not get our of rail with this thread thought
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, let's not.
I'd love to review these S0s myself, having experienced the S5 that I absolutely love, but I probably won't yet since I still have the R3s to review. Probably will soon, but then again, probably not.

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #18 of 379
Yes, let's not.
I'd love to review these S0s myself, having experienced the S5 that I absolutely love, but I probably won't yet since I still have the R3s to review. Probably will soon, but then again, probably not.

I can consider shipping mine to you if you want :) you are still at Philippines right? Shipping out from here is super duper cheap.

Oct 12, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #20 of 379
Should get my S0(finalized version) in day or so. So, then we can have some pics and show what they look like etc.

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #21 of 379
I believe what I  now have is the final version. Photo's are allowed of the actual earphones.

Here's a sneak peak. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #24 of 379
  Wow. Looks pretty good. The black/red colour scheme reminds me of a Breainwavz Delta...I wonder if they come in silver/red as well? 
tongue.gif

I'm not sure about different colours but I think these can make up for that in sound.

They're quite clear and spacious, especially impressive for their price with some ambient albums using an iPod Video.

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #27 of 379
They look pretty similar to the prototype to me

I find the left/right markings a lot easier to identify on the most recent version. This pair amped with an IBasso D Zero / ipod video can rip up some decent sound I know that much. For those who worry about cheaper IEM sounding vieled or muddy there's none of that here. They're very clear in the mid-range, punching above their weight in detail and clarity.

Oct 13, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #28 of 379
I like the S0 now for the smaller Y...

...also the black color for the cable is nicer than the gray, IMO.

The black with red strain scheme matches the Brainwavz case better than other S series phones.

Basic size difference...

A clip was discussed in the S5 thread the other day. They now have one for the flat cable...

...combined with the lighter weight Y and housings + clip =
ksc75smile.gif

Plug is the same as the other current generation "S" models...

Plug might have been even cooler looking in the red :)

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #29 of 379
Received my S0 today as well. Haven't had too much ear time with them so far so won't say anything on that.

Unfortunately I did not received the new clip with mine so the cable noise is still a problem for me. 

Oct 15, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #30 of 379
Hello,

I am traveling, but I also have a pair of S0. I should have a full review by the weekend or early next week. They are at home getting a good burn-in while I'm away. First impressions are that the sound signature is more balanced than the S5, with excellent - somewhat forward - vocals. I have to say sound signature preference-wise, I've made more of a connection with the S0 than the S5 (and I think the S5 is quite decent). I will compare both when I get back in town. I do believe I have what will be the actual release model, but I'll verify that soon. Without burn-in, however, I can say first impressions left me with feeling that these little babies will be one of the best in the under $100 price range. Well down Brainwavz. More to come soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back