Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! a.k.a. The S0 impressions thread.
Oct 16, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #47 of 379
So, here are my impressions of the new Brainwavz S0's(S-zero's). Thanks for the review set Audrey and mp4nation!

I got them in a little more than a week ago, and, as I was asked to do, I held off until I was told it was okay(yesterday) to even post a thing about them. In a nutshell, I like 'em. A lot.  I always tend to gravitate toward IEM's with a more neutral signature, ones that don't color the sound too much in one direction or another.
The S0's, while not a neutral set per say, do tend to not push the music to any extremes. The mids especially are about as smooth and spike free as you could ask for, and at this price point, $50.00, it's down right amazing. The bass falls in line with the mids as well, making for a very nice, even sound signature. Depending on the music, of course, you can upset said balance, like when listening to dub step the bass will take center stage, but the mids still hold up well and that's a good thing. As for vocals, depending on which gender your listening to will matter. Women push the highs a bit more than men do, but neither pushes it too high, so sibilant sensitive folks can rest easy here. All told, a very likable signature that should appeal to the average user as well as the audiophile.

Here's where you can get them(with free Fed Ex 2 day shipping, nice!): http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-s0-iem-earphones-free-fedex-2-day-to-select-destination

As for what I used during testing:
1. Colorfly C3 for 80% of the time with no bass boost added for testing. 
2. Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ for 10% of the time, set to neutral for testing.
3. Android phones(I test and use many different ones, mostly China based)for the rest of the time. I used the Poweramp app set to neutral for testing on all of them.

Here's a cut-n-paste of the specs from mp4nations site:

Specifications:

1. Transducers/Drivers: Dynamic, 9mm
  2. Rated Impedance: 16ohms Closed Dynamic
  3. Sensitivity: 100dB at 1mW
  4. Frequency range: 18Hz ~ 18kHz
  5. Distortion: <= 0.3% @ 100dB
  6. Channel balance: =< 1dB (at 1000Hz)
  7. Rated input power: 10mW
  8. Maximum input power: 40mW
  9. Plug: 3.5 mm, gold plated.
  10. Cable length: 1.3 meters Y cord, Copped OFC
  11. 1 year warranty
  12. Dimensions (Packaging): 160 x 135 x 38mm
  13. Net Weight: 10g
  14. Gross Weight: 140

And here's what comes with 'em:

Included Accessories:

1. 1 x Comply foam S-400 tips
  2. 6 x Silicone tips
  3. 1 x Bi-Flange tips
  4. 1 x Tri-Flange tips
  5. 1 x Shirt Clip
  6. 1 x Earphone carrying case
  7. 1 x Instruction manual

As for build quality, I have a review set with the thinner Y split, so this refers to them. The stress relief is great all around, with no worries about that. The all metal housings also inspire confidence, and they are well formed for just about any ear for a comfy fit as well. The cords are rubbery, like the S5's, and do transmit a bit of noise, but seem very solid and unlikely to leave you stranded anytime soon. I used the included clip to help to calm down the noise, and it worked fine. You can also use these wrapped over your ears, they are very comfy this way, to also help to reduce the cord clatter, even though Audrey stated in an earlier posting here that the S0's are meant to be used straight down. Up to you, of course. 

As for pics, until I'm sure I have one like the production set, I'll just re post the one I used in an earlier post and load some more at a later date. 

Summing up, The S0's are a great addition to the Brainwavz lineup. They give a great choice to anyone looking at all of the other fine IEM's that seem to be popping up at this price point of late....we are truly being spoilt for choice these days! In the S0's favor, of course, is the great mp4nation warranty and build quality, something not often found at this level. Great job, mp4nation, great job!!

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #48 of 379
The shell size where the nozzle is bit larger,else its the same M5 looks,the shell.....maybe team brainwavz either have to change to / introduce different sounding IEM once in a while than balanced or they might want to change the regular slogan "balanced".....coz when my eyes read the word Brainwavz, my brain interprets as "balanced sound" instantly......:wink: but its a no brainer I still love my M5,beta and 90% of S1... :D

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #49 of 379
The shell size where the nozzle is bit larger,else its the same M5 looks,the shell.....maybe team brainwavz either have to change to / introduce different sounding IEM once in a while than balanced or they might want to change the regular slogan "balanced".....coz when my eyes read the word Brainwavz, my brain interprets as "balanced sound" instantly......
wink.gif
but its a no brainer I still love my M5,beta and 90% of S1...
biggrin.gif

Agreed, they look almost exactly like the M5's, didn't think of that 
blink.gif

I for one, love that mp4nation likes a more balanced approach to IEM's, makes my day every time I read about that 
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #50 of 379
Agreed, they look almost exactly like the M5's, didn't think of that :blink:
 I for one, love that mp4nation likes a more balanced approach to IEM's, makes my day every time I read about that :D  

sry d2k...I gotta have to say, I didnt see ur review post but I actually gone thru Billy's picture and came back to reply, based on that,after a while....by then just saw ur quote....you know thats why I commented in general for Raz or their team....hope you get it...

Oh btw, Waiting on comparisons from others as well....

Oct 16, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #51 of 379
sry d2k...I gotta have to say, I didnt see ur review post but I actually gone thru Billy's picture and came back to reply, based on that,after a while....by then just saw ur quote....you know thats why I commented in general for Raz or their team....hope you get it...

I get it and got it 
wink.gif
 At least they are copying themselves, lol. If they ever start making Bass Bombs just for a quick buck, I'm never using 'em again 
biggrin.gif
 Thankfully Raz is much, much smarter than that!

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #52 of 379
Posted my S0 review...http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-s0-in-ear-headphones/reviews/11751

I think it is short and sweet and to the point as there may well be quite a few S0 reviews to read through. I think I got the first impression in when I started the thread but I seem to notice most all are in agreement and say similar things :)

Feel free to ask any questions.

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #53 of 379
Wow, smart of mp4nation to supply all you excellent reviewers with S0's... especially since they appear to be sounding pretty good!

Great reviews everyone!

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #54 of 379

What other comparison do you wish to see? :)

Wow, smart of mp4nation to supply all you excellent reviewers with S0's... especially since they appear to be sounding pretty good!

Great reviews everyone!

Thanks!

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #55 of 379
My turn the join the party. Feel like I'm always a little late but nonetheless here it is 
tongue_smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-s0-in-ear-headphones/reviews/11754

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #56 of 379
I get it and got it :wink:  At least they are copying themselves, lol. If they ever start making Bass Bombs just for a quick buck, I'm never using 'em again :D  Thankfully Raz is much, much smarter than that!

lol....Nah,no bass bombs needed to us....just to compete sub$50/100 region with vsd1,vsd3,havi,ostry alikes and should be a step above...thats fair enough and it aint justice to expect more from our team brainwavz.....:D

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #58 of 379
Nice write up! Well, any IEM under $100 you have is fine, just like I quoted in reply to d2k.....nothing in particular.
tongue.gif

Thanks! I actually have the RockJaw Alfa Genus at 49.50 British Pound but I think they are too different to compare. 

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #59 of 379
Just take a look @ these pix....damn sexy and built like a tank as always (by bwavz) but this time with correct size y splitter...and yeah the red colored tubes with smoked black tips blends very well with the black alu shells and red strain reliefs.......The flat cable where it meets the earpieces wld've been flat than perpendicular to the ears tho.....
Will there be anyone who hate the looks of it and supplied accessories,on this planet? Hell NO....:D

http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/s0.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back