Got the Brainwavz B2...but need more thump!
Aug 10, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:
Why not try amping the bugger. Using brainwavz b2 with my cmoybb. Toggle the bass boost and voila, adds a decent bass body to the b2's punchy and quick bass delivery. I hard the b2s initially. But after a while, I realized that not a lot of iems are able to replicate the sheer detail it is able to present

I think the idea is good, but I'm still not sure even amped the B2 can give me the bass I'm looking for....but you are right, as I sit here and write this I am listening to my B2s and they do have amazing detail and clarity.

I think I'm going to take everyone's advice and try the UE TF-10s and see how they do!

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #17 of 31
Yea 2 of my favorite IEM's that I have are the R-50 (slightly warm sounding B2) and TF10 because both are really good and both have different sound signatures that pretty much cover everything you need imo.

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #18 of 31
Nothing is going to give you the same level of clear highs like the B2 but with noticeably more bass in the sub $400 range... You will always have to compromise one or more areas - be it highs or mids or soundstage or clarity, etc.  

You could try some of the other dual-BA based IEMs that may have slightly less high or slightly more forward mids for a slightly stronger bass presence/body... but really these would be 5-10% changes

I'm afraid you are doomed to search forever and spend all your money, just like the rest of us. 

JVC FXD80. Quite serious. What universal would do it above $400? Sony ex1000?

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #19 of 31
Im glad there are so many different sounding ear phones out there. I personally just got the GR01's which is another TWFK based IEM and they are exactly what i have been looking for. Neutral, crazy detailed, extended up top and fast and punchy. Perfect for about 90% of my listening. For the other 10% ill be using something more bassy, but these GR01's are perfect for prog rock and metal which is what i listen to most of the time. I never saw the need for more than one type of sound, but now i see it.

Id saw at least keep the B2's for certain music, or for later when your tastes change like mine have.

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #20 of 31
[size=medium]Well I took the great advice and bought a pair of UE TF-10s. I've had them for about 2 weeks now and have listened to them almost every day. You guys were right, they do have more low end bass impact than the B2s do.....but.....I'm not thrilled with them. I think I'm starting to realize I want more mids and lows and that the highs are important, but I would sacrifice some of the high to have better mid and lows. I can tell the V shape profile of the TF-10s and I miss the mids. I also don't find them very comfy, not horrible, but not good. I had an old pair of UE's (forgot the model) and could really feel the bass punch, but the overall sound was still clear. That set fell apart within a few months so I didn't go looking for another.[/size]

[size=medium]I know the EPH-100 was recommended for bigger bass....I guess I could try this one next....any other recommendations?[/size]

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #23 of 31
The EPH-100 even though its not V shaped (though I don't feel the TF10 is either like most do) the mids on the TF10 are better with more detail imo so I'd go with something else.  For under $200 the only more mid focused IEM's are the Aurvana IE3 (the TF10 sounds much better), SE315 or even the GR07.  I think the GR07 might be your best bet under $200, they have nice pronounced mids, good punchy deep bass, and nice crisp highs.

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #25 of 31
Quote:
The EPH-100 even though its not V shaped (though I don't feel the TF10 is either like most do) the mids on the TF10 are better with more detail imo so I'd go with something else.  For under $200 the only more mid focused IEM's are the Aurvana IE3 (the TF10 sounds much better), SE315 or even the GR07.  I think the GR07 might be your best bet under $200, they have nice pronounced mids, good punchy deep bass, and nice crisp highs.

Thanks Techno Kid, I really wanted to like the TF10... but they just didn't do it for me. Of course, as you see I'm still trying to exactly figure out what with "do it for me"!

I keep reading great things about the GR07, so I'll have to look at those more closely. I really haven't give SHURE that much attention, I'll read up on their 315s as well. Thanks!

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #26 of 31
Your B2 will work for you if you can apply some modest EQ in the bass region.  You haven't told us your source, so it's possible that you can do that for free!  I do that for my Ety ER4 and get all the bass I want from a "non-bassy" IEM.

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #28 of 31
I dont think you should bother with the B2 anymore.. It needs a lot of time to change your sound preference and it wont happen in 1-2 months or equalizers imo.. My suggestion is the gr07.. i dont know if others agree but i find the bass quantity enough to keep up even with hardstyle and techno music.. Maybe not as enjoyable as my CAL! for this kind of gengres but they can support the songs with no distortion.. Especially if you buy some comply TS100 tips and the seal is at its maximum..

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:
I dont think you should bother with the B2 anymore.. It needs a lot of time to change your sound preference and it wont happen in 1-2 months or equalizers imo.. My suggestion is the gr07.. i dont know if others agree but i find the bass quantity enough to keep up even with hardstyle and techno music.. Maybe not as enjoyable as my CAL! for this kind of gengres but they can support the songs with no distortion.. Especially if you buy some comply TS100 tips and the seal is at its maximum..

Well at this point I don't have the B2 or the TF10s anymore. I bought a pair of Brainwavz M2s just to play around with and have as a cheaper set.

I can't find the GR07 for sale though, looks like the sellers in the USA are limited....

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #30 of 31
Theres quite a few on ebay for around $160.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back