Got a little listening time with the Triadaudio L3 w/Pics aka Lisa3 Lite
Aug 15, 2010 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

xtreme4099

Headphoneus Supremus
Got a little listening time with the Triadaudio L3 w/Pics aka Lisa3 Lite

My quick impression:

The  bass is more prominent even with the bass contours down on both the Lisa's, slight roll off near the top, Phil mentioned this is to accommodate IEMs, but your highs are there even more so, and you better have a fantastic source, right off the bat i noticed even more detail than the Lisa, crisper, not as smeared, slightly brighter, it incorporates some of the mods done to the desktop Lisa RS into a smaller package, so this is not simply a lisa rehash. I managed to compare it to my modded lisa (not pictured) which has same modifications, and they sound almost exactly alike, the only difference i could detect was the flavoring the capacitors, oscons in mine, the sound was the slight difference that I noticed when I moved from nichicon to oscons caps with the prototype I have, oscons are stock on the standard lisa pictured on the right in the first pic. Theres also a nice little HI LOW gain switch in the back, i set it to low for my ETY4P's and it was dead quiet no hiss at all, hi for the Senn 580s, most of my listening was done through the Senn's, but the ETY's were no slouch, almost as punchy and just about as detailed as the full sized phones. Anyways that's it for right now.

Aug 21, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #3 of 63
I should have a review loaner at some point - looking forward to testing it out!

Aug 23, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 63
The loaner going out to you is the one pictured :wink:

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #8 of 63
Yes thats correct as shown in the pics :wink:  i forget the dimensions, thats why i included a CD in one of the pictures to give you guys an idea.

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #10 of 63
Those things are huge.

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #12 of 63

Quote:
Isn't the newer version a lot smaller?

No.  Just look at those pics and how those phone jacks or RCA inputs compare to the rest of the amp.  Either one is a good deal bigger than my ipod classic, too big, they are more like transportable amps rather than "portable."

Sep 22, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #14 of 63
I have the pre-production loaner, but it arrived with battery dead and no charger
triportsad.gif
  So at the moment it's just being used as a paperweight.  I'm expecting to get the charger soon.

Sep 22, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #15 of 63
Skylab, thank you for a prompt response! Hoped to hear from you since you're supposed to be one of the first testers. Hope you'll receive the charger soon.

BTW, still seeing iQube on your Portable Rig pic, wondering if it's about to be replaced by L3 or at least Stepdance:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back