Got a little listening time with the Triadaudio L3 w/Pics aka Lisa3 Lite
Dec 4, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #32 of 63
Well I will warn you - it's not that much smaller...great sounding, but only slightly smaller.

Dec 7, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #33 of 63

Quote:
Well I will warn you - it's not that much smaller...great sounding, but only slightly smaller.

The size looks fine to me - anyone who isnt willing to make a small sacrifice in the name of better sound has numerous alternatives at their disposal. How many people call Musical Fidelity and say 'Hey, I really like the sound of your Titan power amp, but do you have any that are 3/4 the size ?' .....

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #35 of 63
For those interested, I posted my review of the L3 here

Dec 11, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #36 of 63
Actually my Lisa lll needs some work at this point.  It still works but i can't take it portable anymore because the rca posts need to be reinforced.  I asked Brad once and he said it could be done but when i was ready to send I couldn't get a response.  Anyone know a good dyi that can redo the posts and the battery/circuit board connector, i kinda did a hatchet job on it with a spot solder and it works but could use some love.  Gotta say it is hard sometimes to get responses over there even if the product is great.

Mar 3, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #39 of 63
Based on an email I just got from Triad, it sounds to me like they will be shipping in June.

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #40 of 63
Thanks Skylab - I stand corrected. Not sure why it has taken so long from prototype to production, but thats showbiz - you cant rush pure genius.

Mar 4, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #41 of 63
Finally, hope those carbon fiber cases came out alright...

Mar 4, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #42 of 63

Quote:
Actually my Lisa lll needs some work at this point.  It still works but i can't take it portable anymore because the rca posts need to be reinforced.  I asked Brad once and he said it could be done but when i was ready to send I couldn't get a response.  Anyone know a good dyi that can redo the posts and the battery/circuit board connector, i kinda did a hatchet job on it with a spot solder and it works but could use some love.  Gotta say it is hard sometimes to get responses over there even if the product is great.

if you cant find anyone local i'll help you out

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #43 of 63

Quote:
Based on an email I just got from Triad, it sounds to me like they will be shipping in June.

I was told March a few weeks back. I guess it got pushed back.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #44 of 63
Well I could have mis-interpreted, but that was I got out of the email (which was a generic email, not sent to me specifically).

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #45 of 63
nah maybe you are the one that misunderstood and that you read march preorder available for purchase as march delivery. thats the way the email reads to e preorder that is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back