Google's new browser, Chrome
May 27, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #152 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The answer is FireFox.

Yes!

May 28, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #153 of 207
i started using it again a couple of weeks ago. like it alot. its fast and i like the clean layout. there are a couple of small annoyances ive noticed though.

May 28, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #154 of 207
Using Chrome couple of days and I like them. But there's a problem, I was using google notebook with FireFox and they worked great as I could see a small notebook icon on the right bottom of the browser and clipping was easy, but now I have to open notebook in full page to do the paste, any approach for these on Chrome?

May 28, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #156 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illidan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using Chrome couple of days and I like them. But there's a problem, I was using google notebook with FireFox and they worked great as I could see a small notebook icon on the right bottom of the browser and clipping was easy, but now I have to open notebook in full page to do the paste, any approach for these on Chrome?

Get Pnotes from portableapps.com it sits in your system tray.

May 28, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #157 of 207
Just installed the Iron browser (portable version) and have even set it as my default browser. Thanks for the link above. It's Chrome without the privacy issues that google tags on. One tip: if you want to use the portable version and want it to be your default browser you have to make that setting with it using admin mode on Vista or it can't change the registry setting. After that it will be registered as default browser and no longer needs to be run in admin mode.

May 28, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #158 of 207
I don't really miss it, since Camino do a great job, but it would be nice to give it a try...
Some day maybe?

May 30, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #159 of 207
How do I access the different search engines I imported from Firefox into Chrome? I know how to change the default search engine but in FF I can select which search engine to use with the drop down box at any time. Can't do that in Chrome?

May 30, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #160 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wuv chrome for simple stuff. It loads in like 3 seconds. Firefox takes like 30 seconds.

Do you have dial up? On my PC, no web page takes 30 seconds with firefox.

Not only that, but it's in it's infancy. Security and bugs are going to be time consuming and annoying.. it may better firefox down the road - just not yet.

May 30, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #161 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have dial up? On my PC, no web page takes 30 seconds with firefox.

He's probably talking about loading (starting) the browser itself, not the webpage content. Firefox is a damn slow starter...

May 30, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #163 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashnolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exploiting? Google is saying, "Please do!".

I am a little skeptical of all of the new wave of apps from Google like gmail (still like my hotmail), but I might actually try this.

you don't know what you're missing; gmail kicks more ass than my old drill sergeant

May 31, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #165 of 207
Something weird about portable version of Chrome/Iron. If I start the browser from my quicklaunch in the taskbar, startmenu or keyboard they all are using different settings than what I set up initially. Same exe from same folder in same account and they all can use separate settings from each shortcut I choose to start the brower from. That's odd and have never seen that behavior in a browser before. I don't want it to do that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back