Google's new browser, Chrome
Sep 20, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #136 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by progo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So... the wait continues. Googled a bit, no news on possible schedules
frown.gif

The wait sure continues...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hopefully we will have a Mac OS X version sooner, rather than later.

Seems like I am not alone either.
Sergey Brin, one of Google's cofounders, are asking about every day as well..
Google cofounder on no Chrome for Macs: "It's embarrassing"

Sep 21, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #137 of 207
downloaded it a few days ago and Ive found myself using it pretty much all the time...

Sep 22, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #141 of 207
I tried it for a few days, got pissed at the EULA, uninstalled it, and once they admitted their mistake I had realized that it has no advantages over IE8 for me and that Firefox still has Adblock, so I left it uninstalled.

May 27, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #143 of 207
I love Chrome. So fast, very intuitive, Incognito...
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 27, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #144 of 207
I tried it because Firefox took a good 10 minutes to start up on my computer and I don't have the patience for that..
I ended up preferring Chrome.

May 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #145 of 207
Sadly its still limited to MS Windows only... **shakes head**

May 27, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #148 of 207
Spybot and Spywareblaster only work in IE and Firefox so no Chrome for me. Then there is noscript for Firefox too so it's no IE for me either. I like Chrome otherwise though but I needs me pre-emptive protection.

Did a test the other day comparing a freinds setup to mine. Both searched for a known malware file in google. All I got were 2 hits, one about it being malware and the other to download it. On his PC he got over 600 hits. That's what pre-emptive protection can do for you and Chrome has none, unless you set up a Hosts file to block sites.

May 27, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #150 of 207
using Chrome 2 right now. definitely faster... much better. i think i'll stick with it for awhile.

the only thing i miss is my little weather forecast in the bottom right... gotta love the Firefox add-ons. also wouldn't mind some Chrome skins... not a big fan of the blue color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back