good isolation and comfortable cans suggestions?
Sep 17, 2011 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kick53rv3

New Head-Fier
I am looking to find a good pair of headphones to take on plane rides, I been using ms1s for in home use but I find these not very practical on the move as it leaks a lot and no isolation for outside noise. I tried the bose sets and loved the comfort but the quality just doesn't seem to be as good as my ms1 (would it just be because of the demo music they have at bestbuy?)

so what would you guys pick for a pair of good isolation and comfortable phones for under $200 (or around there)?

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 4
I suggest IEMs. For plane rides you want to block out a lot of lower-frequency engine droning sound, which headphones don't do too well with. Also, some of the deeper-insertion IEMs get way better isolation overall than some of the best-isolating headphones. They may or may not be comfortable to you though. ~$200, comfortable, isolates well would be the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80, but it's bulky enough that it may not be a good idea.

graphCompare.php

Sep 18, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #4 of 4
i see, the current iem i use is klipsche s4 and i been looking into upgrading to UE triple fi 10s if they'll ever drop to 100 dollars again... I'll try IEMs next time and see how they work out on the plane (always been using cans when im not moving and iem when im walking around)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back