Good IEM around $200-300 that is NOT Monster.
Aug 1, 2011 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JusticeForAll28

New Head-Fier
Hello members of the Head-fi community!

I've recently bought a pair of the regular Monster Turbines, and I was quite satisfied with them at first. I loved, loved the sound, this coming from a pair of Sennheiser CX 300 II which I found super, super harsh to listen to. I loved the bass thump, clarity and overall more warmer signature of the Turbines. However very shortly after I got them the dreaded driver flex that I read about kicked in. I returned them and received my second pair. Once again I had to return them because the left driver was quite a bit louder then the right. When I tried to return the second pair to the store I was kinda given a hard time but I still managed to receive my third pair.

Unfortunately my third pair is the old version. So I didnt get both carrying cases, no ear hooks and instead of the right angled jack I have a straight one. Also I found now that none of the old tips fit my ears properly.

The whole mess left me with a bad taste in my mouth for monster. I dont want to have to return another pair just to get stuck with something that either may be faulty or get another old version again.

My question to all you knowledgeable Head-fiers is... what IEM can I get around the 200 to 300 dollar range that may have a similar sound signature to my turbines? Plenty of sub bass and with little to no harshness, and above all QUALITY. I want to buy something that I know unless I break it myself... that it will be with me for a long time.

Thank you.

Aug 1, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 6
what a mess with monsters, and why people are still into them if they cause so much pain
confused_face_2.gif

for 250 you can get Radius W21 dual diaphragm dual drivers IEMs.
Link to the info on them: http://www.radius.co.jp/Portals/0/twf_en/

There are plenty of reviews out there just google.
I got mine from Dimitri directly from Japan
you get outstanding  service highly recommended!

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 6
A few suggestions:

Ortofon eq-5/e-q7
DBA-02 / Brainwavz B2
Atrio M5 [MG7]
TF10s
FX700s if you can reach that price range

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #6 of 6
I personally prefer the gr07s with a little EQ but if you want the same or similar sound out of the box the Atrio M5s with the mg7 driver is the way to go. Its a fantastic bass oriented headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back