Good headphones to dance with
Aug 17, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #17 of 24
They are, unless you get them second hand and remoulded. 
triportsad.gif

I don't know, customs start from around USD 400-500, am I right, anyone?

Quote:
Aren't those awfully pricey?

Aug 17, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #18 of 24

Quote:
They are, unless you get them second hand and remoulded. 
triportsad.gif

I don't know, customs start from around USD 400-500, am I right, anyone?

when you take in account the shipping and the cost to make ear canal impressions, the cost of a quality entry-level custom like the JH5 would be at least $475 or so
AND it wouldn't have the bass idance is looking for.

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #19 of 24

Quote:

when you take in account the shipping and the cost to make ear canal impressions, the cost of a quality entry-level custom like the JH5 would be at least $475 or so
AND it wouldn't have the bass idance is looking for.

The Alienears C3's would have the bass he's looking for.  They come in Full-Range (With 3 drivers: one low, one mid, one high) and with Double Bass (With 3 drivers: 2 Low and 1 Mid/High). 

I think they're around $350 but dont' quote me on that.

Aug 17, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #20 of 24
Still well over the original limit of $300.

I can say that the DDMs are excellent for hip hop, and other vocal/bass heavy music. They can manage quite a bass kick. It is my belief that the fit on the DDM is not that bad, just more unorthodox, but YMMV. Whether they can stay in even with frenetic movement is really up to how well they fit you in particular. On some days, mine feel very secure, and on others I can't keep them in. I do recommend sony hybrid tips (~$8) though if you're considering them, as they have very good grip.

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #23 of 24
You could probably snag the W3 for just around $300 and Westones cable have like no microphonics.

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #24 of 24

Quote:
well even with a good fit how are the microphonics with the ddms? wouldn't that be bothersome?

Honestly they aren't that bad. Over ear fit is trivial after you get the standard fit down, and microphonics are more or less gone when used in over ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back