Good headphones to dance with
Aug 15, 2010 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

iDance

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Klipsch S4s and Sony MDR-NC7s (which are surprisingly good just fold too easily). I prefer over-ear but they tend to fly off easily and the S4s don't have enough low-end frequency response for my music (rap + hip-hop). Any suggestions? (less than $300 please unless they look amazing--yes style matters)

The source is a 3G nano.

Aug 15, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #8 of 24

Quote:
I've been on youtube before. Haha!

I think those Ortofons and a pair of B&W P5s will be a good new setup.

The ortofons have don't have anywhere near the low-frequency response of the S4.

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #10 of 24

Quote:
And yet the S4s aren't even good enough. What goes lower and won't pop out easily?

I haven't heard them, but the hippo VB and the atrios m8 are known for their bass. Research 'em.
The radius may have fit problems, but also may have a good sound for you. The IE8 is expensive but should meet your bass needs.

I have heard the monster turbine pro gold and, particularly, the monster miles davis edition--these have excellent and deep bass and have a ton of eartips so with time and a bit of effort, you should be able to get an excellent fit. The miles davis could be expensive, though.

Aug 16, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #11 of 24

Quote:

I haven't heard them, but the hippo VB and the atrios m8 are known for their bass. Research 'em.
The radius may have fit problems, but also may have a good sound for you. The IE8 is expensive but should meet your bass needs.

I have heard the monster turbine pro gold and, particularly, the monster miles davis edition--these have excellent and deep bass and have a ton of eartips so with time and a bit of effort, you should be able to get an excellent fit. The miles davis could be expensive, though.

I'll start here then. Thank you!

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #12 of 24
well your going to be dancing and sweating and such,, probably not a good idea to be doing that while having over two hundred dollar wire in your ears. I would get somthing cheaper in case of breakage and such. it seems the hippo vb/shroom eb are really good as well for the money. fishcer audio is coming out soon with basically a revamped enterna vs 1, so that should be good. Also the cyclone pr2 seems to have great low end.

Aug 17, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #15 of 24
I would use custom made IEMs if I were you. Lots of pros like MJ or JT wear (or used to wear) custom made IEMs when they perform, they will not come off easily and they have good sound performance in general. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back