Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 11, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #62,566 of 62,746
Anyone here who own MTW4 and TE-ZX1 (original or PNK) and/or the Triumph, and can compare them for me?
Is the MTW4 so inferior that I should conider the Aviots/Nobles?

I am very happy with the MTW4s, and think it's difficult to imagine that the Aviots/Nobles can sound soo much better.
I have not heard the mtw4 but I have a number of high-end dynamic driver buds. My simple answer to the general question is how do your current buds compare to full size cans? Because the the ZX1s go there for me. Maybe not all the way there but enough to make me feel in the neighborhood. Switching to the Jabra Elite 10s I get sometimes amazing clean sound, but not that feel. I know this is a subjective non-answer, but I hope it helps.

May 11, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #62,567 of 62,746
May 11, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #62,568 of 62,746
At least the Aviot's look the part; something IronMan would wear. If they sound great too, they'll do well when they hit the USA. I know not TWS, but I'm still
blown away by my recently purchased Focal Elex ($400 at Headphones.com.). That's 50% off MSRP. None of my TWS even come close and nor should they.
Apples/Oranges... I'd like to listen to the Focal Utopias someday now. See how this hobby spirals out of control.... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

May 11, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #62,569 of 62,746
At least the Aviot's look the part; something IronMan would wear. If they sound great too, they'll do well when they hit the USA. I know not TWS, but I'm still
blown away by my recently purchased Focal Elex ($400 at Headphones.com.). That's 50% off MSRP. None of my TWS even come close and nor should they.
Apples/Oranges... I'd like to listen to the Focal Utopias someday now. See how this hobby spirals out of control.... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
do we have any inkling from Aviot they are coming to the US market?

May 11, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #62,571 of 62,746
do we have any inkling from Aviot they are coming to the US market?
I sent them a message on Amazon. Will let you know if I hear anything

May 11, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #62,572 of 62,746
I have not heard the mtw4 but I have a number of high-end dynamic driver buds. My simple answer to the general question is how do your current buds compare to full size cans? Because the the ZX1s go there for me. Maybe not all the way there but enough to make me feel in the neighborhood. Switching to the Jabra Elite 10s I get sometimes amazing clean sound, but not that feel. I know this is a subjective non-answer, but I hope it helps.
@cresny while this is subjective as you note, I agree entirely. This is the 1st TWS I've heard that makes me consider using them even when I am sitting at my desk with my desktop rig / over ears inches away.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #62,573 of 62,746
The Ace cannot hold a candle to the Triumph. But for the price, the Ace is great, with bugs. Do a search here. Bunch of us talked about them for weeks. If you have the money, get the Triumph. If you have a budget, try the Ace, but don't be surprised by its buggy quirks at times. They sounded incredible with my Pixel Fold using LE Audio. That said, they're gone and my Triumph are uh... Triumphant?
Yah, I have the Ace and I haven't had a problem with them since the last software update. I was wondering specifically about the sound when compared with the Triumphs. I've found bits and pieces about the Triumph, but remarkably little, considering their lineage and technology. Most of the complaints I've heard about the Ace is excessive bass, but I've found it easy to EQ it to more normal levels. What do you think?
No matter what, I'll probably hold out with the likelihood of a slew of future iems with xmem drivers.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 8:41 PM Post #62,574 of 62,746
So I am having a reverse honeymoon with the WF-1000XM5. I was really unhappy out of the box. But after a couple resets of the headphone and full removal and reinstall of the app the basic functions are all working and the feature not working is the Amazon Music feature which is just a nice to have feature that no other TWS has anyway.

In regards to sound I have always liked Sony and these sound quite a bit better than the XM4 in my opinion... I am now leaning towards keeping these. Will wait and see if the issues I was having come back... but maybe they stay...

The ANC and low noise floor is quite a bit better than the Elite 10 and they seem to handle wind better too. Where I live this is pretty critical for me.

May 13, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #62,575 of 62,746
So I am having a reverse honeymoon with the WF-1000XM5. I was really unhappy out of the box. But after a couple resets of the headphone and full removal and reinstall of the app the basic functions are all working and the feature not working is the Amazon Music feature which is just a nice to have feature that no other TWS has anyway.

In regards to sound I have always liked Sony and these sound quite a bit better than the XM4 in my opinion... I am now leaning towards keeping these. Will wait and see if the issues I was having come back... but maybe they stay...

The ANC and low noise floor is quite a bit better than the Elite 10 and they seem to handle wind better too. Where I live this is pretty critical for me.

I've pretty much stopped looking since I got my XM5s. While not perfect, they do everything good enough for a daily driver. That being said, one thing they can't do is survive the washer and dryer like APP. :cry:

May 13, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #62,576 of 62,746
Ouch! I have done that terrible thing once to a pair of IEM's, same result, $300 down the drain...

I am strongly leaning on keeping the XM5 and selling off my Elite 10.

The beauty of going for an open box from Amazon is savings, plus guilt free returns if I change my mind.

I was surprised how much better the ANC is. I know I shouldn't be, because that is always one of Sony's strengths but the difference is pretty amazing.

I did switch the tips though, started with Sony hybrids and have since switched to the Technics tips which have a filter. The technics offer a great seal, slightly thicker silicone so better passive isolation that typical silicone, great comfort and a slightly larger nozzle so a bit more open sound. Might order one size larger from the Panasonic website.

May 13, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #62,577 of 62,746
Ouch! I have done that terrible thing once to a pair of IEM's, same result, $300 down the drain...

I am strongly leaning on keeping the XM5 and selling off my Elite 10.

The beauty of going for an open box from Amazon is savings, plus guilt free returns if I change my mind.

I was surprised how much better the ANC is. I know I shouldn't be, because that is always one of Sony's strengths but the difference is pretty amazing.

I did switch the tips though, started with Sony hybrids and have since switched to the Technics tips which have a filter. The technics offer a great seal, slightly thicker silicone so better passive isolation that typical silicone, great comfort and a slightly larger nozzle so a bit more open sound. Might order one size larger from the Panasonic website.
Also worth looking into the azla tips
They fit the xm5 great

May 13, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #62,578 of 62,746
Do the Azla tips have a filter on them?

NVM, I looked them up and some do :). Expensive as all get out! But if they work well, what's another $40...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back