Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 2, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #61,490 of 62,324
what killed the MeloMania Touch, they sounded great, but the bugs made them unusable
Yup. Nice to know we all paid $219 to be beta testers. 😞

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #61,491 of 62,324
So no mention of a new firmware lurking around the corner,but i have no doubt they will get to the bottom of the bugs that exist
It's a shame they didn't mention an FW. On the product page they have a very coy "awesome updates coming, watch this space"

So they at least advertise incoming improvements. Maybe they didn't foresee this being one of the updates.

To be fair, some people are doing good with them, I had the same problem with NuraTrue Pro but which is seemed was lucky dip on a working unit without full audio dropouts. Some people still getting them on the Denon tho.

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #61,493 of 62,324
Got my Aviot ZX-1s in today going to A/B them vs. a couple of iems I own but so far they're pretty impressive happy that I backed them.
Mine was supposed to be delivered today but still no signs of the parcel.. waiting for early reviews as I might be letting them go unopened. Recent purchase of Shure's TW2 + my IEM's do the trick (SQ wise)

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #61,494 of 62,324
Mine was supposed to be delivered today but still no signs of the parcel.. waiting for early reviews as I might be letting them go unopened. Recent purchase of Shure's TW2 + my IEM's do the trick (SQ wise)
That makes sense to me what I can say for sure is from the initial sound testing they're sounding very much like the similar iems I have in its price bracket so if you have iems in the same price bracket they'll probably be better.

Apr 2, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #61,496 of 62,324
How's the SQ on the Triumphs? I've not demoed any of the xMEMS, and was wondering how they stack up against the Gemini 2's?

I'm surprised that there aren't any reviews of them yet, which is a shame as the one shop that sells them in my country doesn't do returns on earbuds.

Apr 2, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #61,497 of 62,324
Ha! I was thinking on the same lines. Still in the cardboard box until family retires tonight. I'll wait until then to decide

Apr 2, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #61,498 of 62,324
Can't believe I left the utws5 in the box so long unloved.
Pairing it up with LHDC codec and my FH5 is a joy to listen to

So much more definition and texture in the bass but with so much clarity
Sounds so nice

No anc and no touch controls are the main downside but comfort and sound make up for it
Gonna be my daily drivers for a good while

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #61,499 of 62,324
Ha! I was thinking on the same lines. Still in the cardboard box until family retires tonight. I'll wait until then to decide
Okay, opened my Aviots ZX1 and I'm glad I did. Clear and punchy, great soundstage, can handle the really busy stuff. Best symbol decay I've heard. As @erockg might say, these are stellar. Unfortunately they actually look stellar too, like two dwarf stars coming out of my ears. The metallic red is subtle in dark settings but if it catches the light, well let's just say I'm not going to be able to hide these from the wife and kid.

I've never heard the other big boys like Noble Focus Pro, but I'm guessing these are in that class based on what I read here. For the indiegogo price, they were a steal

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #61,500 of 62,324
Okay, opened my Aviots ZX1 and I'm glad I did. Clear and punchy, great soundstage, can handle the really busy stuff. Best symbol decay I've heard. As @erockg might say, these are stellar. Unfortunately they actually look stellar too, like two dwarf stars coming out of my ears. The metallic red is subtle in dark settings but if it catches the light, well let's just say I'm not going to be able to hide these from the wife and kid.

I've never heard the other big boys like Noble Focus Pro, but I'm guessing these are in that class based on what I read here. For the indiegogo price, they were a steal
Can I put you on my front lawn?

Oh, stars... Oops.

I'm eagerly anticipating my preorder of the supposedly even-more-stellar-but-can't-confirm-yet Noble Fokus Triumph, but evidently, they blew through the end of March ship date :frowning2:

In the meantime, it's back to some IEMs on adapters for the week.

Googling the Avoits now. If my wife finds out, it's on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back